Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / City BOX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 17:00 Edited at: 13th Nov 2006 17:01
I'm taking a break from programing Galaxy Blast, and i thought i'd make something fun. Has anyone every seen Demoscene TV?? I watch it on Winamp all the time. It's a very cool station, with tons of inspiration. I had an idea of making an entire city out of just blocks and then syncing movement, camera moves, and flashy stuff to some techno music. Not much done right now, just really playing around with stuff and just figureing out how to program life into my city

this is a wip of a small city with some moving veicles, futuristic of course, cuase some are flying, heh.

i have it attached at the bottom for those who want to see it in action. I have a more elabrate city designed, and hopefully i'll get that built later today, so i can show off

Blastwave Man

"I wish I was a wizard, becuase then I could wave my wand and perfect code would just appear."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 17:05 Edited at: 14th Nov 2006 02:50
I did the same thing. Taking a small break from Project VerTex and am working on something fun, in this case a q*bert remake .

Can't comment on the pictures from here, certain image hosters are blocked at my school . I'll edit my post when I get home.

[Edit]
Wow that looks like it could be really cool. I've had ideas of making my own virtual world (kinda got the idea from Star Ocean Till the end of time). Good luck, but remember to do your NVidia entry! I want some competition!

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 17:15
I'm quite a fan of the demo effect you're trying to re-create here, so I'll be interested to see how this progresses

"Bite my shiny metal ass" (Futurama)
"Don't ping my cheese with your bandwidth" (Dilbert)
EFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 03:09
Looks cool so far. It seems to visually skip every cycle though.

-
Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 03:28
what do you mean skip every cycle?? i dont understand what your saying.

anyway, i'm looking for a good techno song to go with this..so far, i got one choice, i uploaded it to the post.

tell me what ya think, and if not, or if you have a better song, please share!

BWM

"I wish I was a wizard, becuase then I could wave my wand and perfect code would just appear."

Attachments

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 03:36
What would be cool is if you set it up to release cars at just the right time so that they wont hit any other cars. Itd be hard but its possible.

Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 04:41
Hmmm, the song is ok, but that's definetly not happy hardcore. This is though. Oh BTW, that song made an appearance in Dance Dance Revolution (RANDOM FACT OF THE DAY!).

Attachments

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 14:28
If you want, I could write a techno piece for you so you'd have exclusive content

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 17:30
hawkeye:
that be cool! i really need something that starts off slow and soft for the first like 5-10secs, then just goes crazy. The way i have it set up, first you see the sun and moon, then it pans over to the city, that isn't in motion, then the music kicks it up a notch, and everything starts to go crazy, with the beat and flow of the music of course. Then it eventually leads into a dancing box man.

antitode:
thnks...i use to have the techno song version of Lupin the 3rd theme song, it was so awsome!! i wish i could find it, i can't! cuase that be perfect for this project. It was an exclusive remix for DDR.

BWM

Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 22:37
Here you go!

Attachments

Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 00:24
oh f' yah! excuse my language

BWM

lower logic
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks cool, I also like the demo effect.

If you ever want to have more some complicated shapes, I made a convex hull function for media-less programs like this in mind (check the code snippets board). You could use it to make 5-6 sided buildings and probably some futuristic car shapes just by having some loops that place the verticies that define the shape, and the function will take care of the actual triangles.
Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 02:52
sounds cool, i'll have to look into that

bwm

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 13:37 Edited at: 15th Nov 2006 14:16
Do you want the track to be relentlessly happy, or do you want something darker and more psy?

edit: only got to work on this for about a half hour this morning, but maybe it's the right mood. If not, I can ditch it and start on something less techy/dark and make something cheezy. Your call man

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet

Attachments

Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 16:58
very good, i like the feel of it. I think it'll work great. But, dont make it too long, i dont know if i'll have the patiance to do that many beats lol.

keep it coming, can't wait for an update.

BWM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:29:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:29:21