Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / I got FPSC and the ladder is not working!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 06:31
Hey, I got FPSC and i decided to make a level. But where is the ladder? It is in the segment folder in scifi but is not working in FPSC editor. Any1 got a solution? If u don't, does any1 have a working ladder entity or segment that I could have to replace my broken one? Thanks.
dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 08:18
no!

it hasn't been done yet

oh and by the way, next time search the forums.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 08:21
Yes.
Please search the forums.
Xplosys made a ladder entity and script.
Uman made a ladder entity that you can use but you have to jump up the ladder.
Those are your solutions at the moment.

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 08:23
the ladder that comes with fpsc (i think it only comes with EA version) dosent work. For some reason. Tgc diddnt know how to make it then i guess.

www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
holy crap,,,you know,, I made 6 ladders and gave them away to everyone,,,but apparently no one remembers that...dude,,do a search for posts from me and you will find my pack,,it has up to 6 ladders,,folding and vertical. If you need any help finding it let me know.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 17:00
Sorry.
At my age I am lucky to remember anything...

Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 22:58
Stamina's ladders are fantastic, work beautifully, and are almost as good as his telegraph poles. (I love those telegraph poles, Stamina. But the ladders are definitely top-notch too!).

I got to admit, I was shocked and pleasantly stunned when I tried them out for the first time, and actually went smoothly to the top of one of them and directly onto the top of the wall it was leaning against.

Game station, you owe it to yourself to search the forums for the pack Stamina generously shared with the community. It is much more than (multiple!) working ladders. (It's also much more than telegraph poles. But I especially like the telegraph poles).
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 00:41
Agreed. Staminas pack is the way to go. Excellent content and no scripting worries.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 00:56 Edited at: 15th Nov 2006 00:56
*note to self*
Kerithion is highly excitable by the mere mention of "telegraph poles":refrain from ever saying/posting anything regarding this matter.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 01:06
Yeah, what's up with that?

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 05:19 Edited at: 15th Nov 2006 05:19
He did get rather excited over them didnt he?..lol

FredP,,,give me a break Fred,,you cant be that old,,heck,,I am 40.
Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 19:09
Um... just to explain myself - I'd been trying to model a realistic-looking telegraph pole myself without even the slightest hint of success for quite some time when Stamina released his pack, as I had a particular need for one for a street scene.

Hence the excitability... all perfectly innocent. Honest-to-goodness enthusiasm and appreciation... nothing peculiar to see.
Move along... move along...

...sorry about that.
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 19:16
Do you guys think if Game Station is looking back at this thread?

www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
TJR Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 23:35
Yes, I am keeping an eye on this thread. Sorry that I am late. I am looking for a vertical ladder. Nothing horizontal. I got this maintnance ladder working that I downloaded of here somewhere, but it's no direct vertical. I it kind-a diagonal, and it looks like stairs. Another one that I downloaded was vertical but you couldent jump or walk up it! I repaired it using the fpsc entity maker but still no luck, I think it is da fpi file. The fpi file is what the entity does when it is in use. Does anyone have a vertical ladder fpi file that allows you to climb or walk up it?
If so please post. And yeah, I looked through the scenery again and only fount the texture and the image. Thanks
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
well,,if you downloaded mine,,it works by simply walking up it,,,your not going to get a completely vertical ladder that will work error free,,,but I tested mine like crazy and it works the simplest I believe.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:28:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:28:28