Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Just couldn't stop the urge!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2002 15:54
http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8

hahaa... really can't sleep and messing about with C++ and MFC's - yeah its childish, but work a 3second download for a chuckle
Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...http://members.lycos.co.uk/TimeSaga/smile/wack.gif[/img]
Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 11:11
You must have too much of energy and freetime

The evil plan is now even closer!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Specs:- P3 550 Nvidia TNT2M64, 192Mb RAM
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 02:00
lol, THAT'S RETARDED!!!
j/k
I could do that in VB in ten seconds, but I guess that's not the point is it? Obviously MFC is more powerful in many other ways

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 09:13
hehee... yeah the point isn't on what it is but how it was done - it is relatively simple in VB to develop these things, but then again VB is like DB - you don't actually touch the core code. So i feel it was quite fun, and didn't take that long for the smiley, about 10-15mins.
I'm gonna start on a simple version of DarkEdit in an hour, i'll see how long it takes me

Reason i'm learning MFCs and the nitty gritty of them is becuase I really don't have the free time to learn howto develop these independantly. However as I've learnt that i can change the setup whilst coding between several styles it is interesting.

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 01:18
right... now what is an MFC?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 04:18
Microsoft Foundation Classes...
basically a quick setup and prebuilt classes for developing applications for windows.
most of it is straight forward - something i'm stuck on right now is howto develop a word style document, as right now my skill with the text side of things in C is well - pittiful (and thats a compliment )

interesting to know, i can make render windows ... can build cascade menus, even some pretty advanced paint tools - however as me to make a notepad and you get that odd wind sound

someone must be able to teach me how, as i talked to KD about it this morning and he was a little helpful - but i'm an idiot for learning new things and he didn't make it too clear. I know that i can use CText and CRichText however i'm not sure to what end as my help files are just really bare minimum (if anyone remembers my MSDN CD was scratched to hell teach me to purchase second hand i guess)

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 23:38
lol, ok

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:56:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:56:49