Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know how hard/easy it would be to make a longer plank but i assume that you could just strech the FPSC standard one. if someone will take the challenge then please make it a little longer then a tile there for we can make wooden bridges such as halflife. im sorry i can't pay but it would be a great donation to the FPSC Community. Thank you
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 02:35
You could up-scale it in the .fpe file. However, this would also increase the width of the plank. The only way you could make it longer is to remodel it or make your own plank model and use the same texture (With permission from TGC).

Nue B. or not Nue B. That is the question.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 03:01 Edited at: 15th Nov 2006 03:07
Not thinking you'd need TGC's permission for the texture in your own game as long as it was FPSC or DBP. You couldn't post it for others with the texture, but you could release the new model that referenced their texture in the .fpe.

But with saying this, I find that the documentation here at TGC often changes to suit the need at hand.

Case in point:
Quote: "We are pleased to announce that there are NO license restrictions on FPS Creator."

and in the documentation:
Quote: "You must also ensure that the copyright of FPS Creator is clearly listed in your
documentation as follows:
This game was created using FPS Creator. Copyright 2005 The Game Creators
Ltd. All Rights Reserved. www.fpscreator.com"

So either there's no restrictions at all, or the only restriction is that your game has to list the engine. I guess it depends on how they feel at the moment.

So, as there's never any clear cut answers to anything around here. Your really better just making your own board and own texture and cut them out of the picture entirely to avoid any problems.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 03:02
Just open it in MagicFPS, use the arrow keys to make it longer and save it again.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Mmm Tacos
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 03:51

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Serathii
Years of Service
User Offline
Clint Eastwood to the rescue!

You should keep a log or whatever on your site, Candle. Keep us posted on updates and all. You've always got good stuff comin' out.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 04:24
Quote: "Clint Eastwood to the rescue!"

hahaha
I do have one.
Feel free to have a look around.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:28:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:28:05