Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] anyone making cutscenes?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 05:48
Is anyone currently offering to make cutscenes? I need cutscenes for my game and I will pay $5 per scene if anyone can make some for me. This is getting to be an expensive project (I have already spent $25 on some model packs and will probably by them all.) But I am willing to pay.
Thanks All

Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 06:35
uh, yea, do a search for "cutscenes"

fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 07:28
Uh, I already have searched and I know the rules about searching first.
Like I said, I will pay anyone $5 per cutscene if they can make them for me. I will include your name in the credits also.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 08:39 Edited at: 16th Nov 2006 08:40
No ones going to make you an animated cut scene for $5 bucks. This is a waste of space. Heck, the guy with the riped off Iclone was charging 10$. I realize your new but please get a grip on the stuff posted in this forum. If you can't find a thread where someones animating for $5 , then that's probably because no one is. Animations are not easy. They are very time consuming. Minimum wage is more then $5 an hour.

You find me anyone, on any forum, for any animation program that can:

1.rig character
2.Set up scenery
3.implament lighting
4.animate 10 full seconds
5.render scene to avi.

-in one hour for $5, and I'll quit being a smart alec, and give you every animated model and every static entity I have for my game free of charge. I'm so sick of these threads from people that don't think, or don't know what goes into any of this stuff, I could climb a clock tower. Do you seriously think anyone that can animate a 10 sec cinematic in an hour for five dollars cares about having his name listed in your game? Are you like 10 or something?(don't answer that). Have you ever worked for money before?

Get a clue..Please? Quit knocking more important serious threads off the front page. At the time of writing this the thread "Free Lab Pack Released! " by Luke314pi, got bumped to the top of page 2......for this. Thanks...we appreciate your selfishness.

PS: Somewhere on these forums Bond1 talks about making the walk cycle for the sexy nurse. He spent 6 hours(correct me if I'm wrong) just making the walk cycle. And you want a whole cutscene? And you wanna give $5....Someone stomp a mud hole in this kid for keeping this thread at the top of the page. I guess its because I have girls, and they could care less, but who buys their children software like this? Is TGC advertising on Disney.com?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 12:53
If you check with Avenging Eagle I know he was doing cutscenes a while back.
I don't know if he will do them for that price (I sure wouldn't) but he is reasonable.
You are the second person around here in a few days to offer chump change for media.
If you want someone to make you original media you had better be prepared to open your wallet a little wider and fork out some more cash.
Good luck.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 14:11
Quote: " This is getting to be an expensive project (I have already spent $25 on some model packs and will probably by them all.) "

Do you have any idea how much it costs to make a real game? or even programming an indi game?

I agree with everyone else, 5$ for cutscenes is way to low.

are you sure you know what cutscenes include? theire spcific to each game...

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 14:33
I have spent an unbeleivable amount of money on FPSC and its resources and other things needed to make a game.
If all you had to spend was $25 you getting a whale of a deal.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 15:20
Quote: "I could climb a clock tower"

lol.... that's a new one for me. While I completely understand your frustration, you really are missing the forest for the trees. I think it's because FPSC, especially as it has been progressing, not only by TGC but by us as well, is just to much for the target audience.

Quote: "Are you like 10 or something?"

It wouldn't surprise me. Yes, I think they advertise on Disney. When I was an early teen, I did yard work sometimes to make a buck. Sometimes I made five dollars a week. Remember that? Man, that was a LOT OF MONEY!

I don't know if we are grown-ups in a kids forum or they are kids in a grown-up forum, but there is a great divide here that will not be breached. We just have to realize it and go on.

Actually, I think we are grown-ups in a kids forum and that's ok with me. I'm having fun.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 15:39
I think the target group for FPSC is teen and under.
There are a few adults and some older teens and young adults on the forums but the vast majority I believe are kids.
I mean that as no insult to the kids but you can just tell in the way they post and such.
I think sometimes kids don't understand things from our point of view and sometimes we don't understand things from theirs.
It also explains why when I post in other TGC forums I do get the "FPSC forum member" treatment because I come from the kiddie forums.
But we all have one common denominator that brings us together...
we all want to make games.

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 15:44 Edited at: 16th Nov 2006 15:45
yehp youre all in a kiddy forum!!! muwahahahaha!!!!

Quote: "But we all have one common denominator that brings us together...
we all want to make games."

its not what we are that defines us, but what we do.
just felt like saying something meaningful for once.

oh, and i agree that $5 a scene is way too little.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 17:04 Edited at: 16th Nov 2006 17:11
@xplosys
I'm glad you got a chuckle off that. It's such an old expression I really didn't think about it when it was posted. It refers to the August 1, 1966, shooting when Charles Whitman barricaded himself in the observation deck of the tower at the University of Texas.

I think you miss my point when I do post like this. I realize there's tons of young people on these forums. But if no one says anything, the ones that would make these threads would continue to make very similar post because there is never any repercussion for them. The mods can't really make a post like mine as they have image to uphold for TGC and the purchasers of it's products. These people, though the post are ignorant, break no real rules on these forums. None the less the post are annoying to say the least.

The way I handle it is to shock them into thinking before they hit the "Post Thread" button. Once they have been chewed out, so to speak, they are less likely to make another post in such a fashion. For the cost of a couple minutes of my time, a post of the above nature starts giving the young member some home training. Much like a puppy when there lil nose is rubbed in it, it dose not take long before you a very well mannered poster.

I'm not really mad or upset. But like I eluded to above these post are the equivalent of using my "stern voice" when you find a puddle on the kitchen floor. All people may not like my methods, but they non the less, work very, very well. Up to this point I've never really said why I do this but I believe this puts things into perspective.

Loc
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 17:07 Edited at: 16th Nov 2006 17:52
ok, lets take a minute to clear some [mod edit] up. First of all, I am not 10. I am 15. And if $5.00 isn't good enough feel free to name a new price (within reason).

Mod note:Using symbols instead of letters won't help.
Swearing is still swearing.Please don't.

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 17:10
for a cutscene.... about $20 a minute. for an animated model for you to make your own... $60 up.

fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 17:15
Ok. I should be getiing $25 on Tuesday. If anyone is willing to take this project that is when I'll post about what kind of cutscene I would like.

fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 17:16
I just want a quick cutscene about :55

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 17:25
@Locrian,

Quote: "I think you miss my point when I do post like this"

Perhaps a little but I got most of it. I just choose to handle it differently (I'm getting old and much more patient than I used to be) and was presenting that point of view. By all means if it works, please continue. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it and I appreciate it.

Best.

Back on track:

@fpsmaster,

There are alternatives. You may want to invest in a cheap recording program and use FPSC to create your cut scenes. Some people use "The Movies" I hear. There is more info if you search. Anyway the small cost of the initial program will pay for itself with a few scenes and you will have learned a marketable skill.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 17:26 Edited at: 16th Nov 2006 17:43
Heres a lil idea I copied from a web site:

Quote: "Artists: Per hour*

Animators Hourly

Animator, Junior $50

Animator, Associate $85

Animator, Senior $125

CG Supervisor, in house $150

Rendering

Priced at $25 per hour per processor

Tape operator/assistant editor $25

SD/HD Editorial $75

SD/HD Motion Graphics $100

SD/HD Colorist $125

Audio engineer $75

Tape Decks: Per Hour

HDCam $150

DigiBeta $75

Beta SP $50

DVCam $40

MiniDV $15

DAT $25

DVD recorder/player $25

*Overtime will apply

Editing Systems: Per Hour*

DV mac $25

SD mac $75

HD mac $100

CC mac $125

Davinci $150

Smoke $200

Multimedia/DVD Authoring $75

Protools mixing $75

Theater TBD

Additional Post Production Services:

Courier/Shipping rush fees as applicable

Producer / Writer $400/day

Research Assistant $150/day"

Remember that a cutscene would involve multiple items that would need to be addressed so it isn't just animations needed...but an editor, colorist,lighting director..etc...

Add it up yourself...
And again...good luck on $5
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 17:49
Quote: "If you check with Avenging Eagle I know he was doing cutscenes a while back.
I don't know if he will do them for that price (I sure wouldn't) but he is reasonable."

Thanks for that Fred.

I won't make you much 3D but i could do those cutscenes if you want. E-mail me and tell me what you want and i'll do as much as i can in machinima
Quote: "(within reason)"

If its too hard, i'll say no, if it's alot of stuff be prepared for a high price.

I'm sure we can come to some...arrangement...

AE

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 17:57
AE,
You both appear to have e-mail buttons so he can get in touch with you about work and vice versa.
Locrain,
I generally have an idea of why you post the way you do and some of them do make me laugh out loud.
Some of the stuff I see the younger members post make me want to pull my hair out...which is why I keep it cut short.
Anyways,the buyer and seller have found each other.
This thread has served its purpose and its time to put it out of its misery.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:24:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:24:18