Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / modifying existing door textures ( a question)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 06:08
Hey all,

I have been fiddling around (after making backups ) with the existing doors to change their textures.
I made a new texture by comparing it to an existing door texture file.

Now I am wondering which files will I need to modify to use that texture in a game.
I am using the 'Wooden Door (use)' from the World war section.

Also, I would like to keep all files pertaining to the 'new' door separate from the already existing door, so I can delete it after my game is done. So I would want to make a duplicate of even those files that may not be changed, but will still be used by the new door.

Thanks a lot,

-filya

p.s: Can I make doors or anything to do with it using Signs 4?

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 06:33
Just put the new texture in the texturebank folder, making sure that it is named something different than the existing door texture. Then place the wooden door on your map and right click on it, and select the texture option and set it as your new texture.

Hope this is what you wanted to know.

-NIK

Blazin with the makers of Aqua Fresh toothpaste
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 08:33 Edited at: 16th Nov 2006 08:33
yeah, thats what I figured, but its a pain to be doing it every single time.

So I was thinking of making a complete different door for myself. This is the reason I wanted to know what all files I would need to duplicate (and rename) to have myself a complete new door in my FPSC folders.

Thanks a lot though NIK!

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:30:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:30:43