Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How ido i the colour of the green flare decal in the sprite pack?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 19:38 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 19:39
*sorry for the miss-typing in the thread name*

Hi,
Due to me wanting a lens flare effect,i thought "why not change the colour of the green flare decal to white". The decal has got the right animation and it would fit perfectly. First of all,i made a white texture and applied it to the decal. Didn't work. Then i tried changing all the colours in the "particles_e.dds" file to white. It didn't work. The decal still showed up green.

Please could someone tell me how to change the colour of the sprite. Or please could make me a working white texture for it. This would be a really useful asset to my game.

thanks in advance

-Josh-

Zombies: Dark shadows RELEASE DATE: TBC
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 19:56 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 20:12
Provided the spritepack uses the same filepaths as default fpsc.
You are attempting to change the wrong image file,the decal fpe in entitybank,

;decals
decalmax = 1
decal0 = plasma7

points to the decal which can be found in gamecore/decals folder,change the .dds in this.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 20:16
rolfy- Thanks. Would you mind making me a quick white version of the green flare, due to,i can't make decal textures.

Thanks
Josh

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I would but I dont have this sprite pack and I dont think you would be able to give it to me due to licensing restrictions, check with the original author first.Also, I use photoshop, and for some reason which I haven't quite worked out yet,I cant re-open .dds textures which have transparency applied to them,something to do with nvidia plug-in maybe.
Which imaging programme are you using? If you can desaturate your .dds then this all you would have to do.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 20:35
I use photoshop aswell. I downloaded the .dds plugin for photoshop. Just type .dds plugin for photoshop into google. Aslo,how do i desaturate images in photoshop?

maybe butterfingers can help with this

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 20:42 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 20:46
image/adjustments/desaturate.
I have the plug in, after saving I get an error message when trying to re-open, says the file format is not supported, so long as I save as psd I can always go back to make any adjustments,so its no sweat.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 21:02
@rolfy- When i go to save my decal as a cube map, i get a error saying that it needs six images side by side and equal in width and hight.It's really annoying.

Note- I would REALLY be pleased if someone who owns the animated sprite pack could make a white texture for one of the flares!!!!!

Thanks

-Josh-

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 21:21 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 21:33
Are you sure you should be saving as cube map,save as 2d texture with alpha.Most decals default to always facing the player,giving the illusion that they are 3d.
Hope this helps.
If not then e-mail me. I just didn't want you to get into trouble for posting the decal on the forums,it would, of course, be better if you managed to figure this out, handy for future reference etc
But if your really stuck with this one!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 21:47
I have a feeling your problem will soon be solved.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 21:48
@rolfy- ok. thanks

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Your welcome.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:27:10