Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Model pack 5 question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 14:44
Can you use the hands from model pack 5 with weappns that are already included in fpsc? also, do the hands actually pick stuff up, or do they dissapear like the guns do when you pick things up?

Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 15:34
The hands are modelled with the guns included. My guess is that there are alt. textures for the guns. So they don't pick stuff up and they would disappear when you do pick stuff up, because they are part of the gun. In case I need to make it clearer, you cant assign the said hands to other guns.

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 15:39
Yeah, Jon animated the hands to pick up every item in the FPSC library, and also antisipated every mesh that would be possibly made by others. Pretty nifty feat huh?

I hear tell that the mods let him use their psychic helmet for this task.
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 02:10
nice!!! so do the hands actually have a throw animation?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
LMAO... seriously
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 04:22
*drops head and shakes*
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 04:36
very funny, no i'm serious, because it would be totally stupid if the hands disappear too when you pick stuff up.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 15:21
Hands don't come up in HL2 either do they? Come on man....Think...How could any game possibly do a hold animation for every item. I can't even believe I'm having this convo. This threads a waste of space...let it die.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 16:43
because of the unique shape of many different dynamic objects it would be near impossible for me to do this, as well as the fact the engine removes the weapon whilst carrying objects, so essentially, i cant display anything.

but realistic carrying has never really been used in a game, think of an RPG, something like oblivion, you dont see the character reach down to pick up the items, nor in any other game, some attempt it, but it is often very sloppy anyway, just a crouch down and the item dissapears.

overall, its not a must have feature, i hope you arent put off.

fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 02:39
@ Jon Fletcher
it's ok. I actually don't remember any fps game that shows hands picking stuff up (except King Kong, but that's kind of 3rd person and 1st person) So it doesn't bother me.

@Locrian
Yes, let this thread die, but stop being so sarcastic all the time.It seems like in almost every thread i've posted since I joined, you always have to show up with some negative response, or sarcastic remark. I'm not here to make enemies, so just stop being such a hard ass.

fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 02:52
@Locrian
Let me put it a little nicer. A few of my threads you posted sarcastic answers. Not all, a few. You posted a non-sarcastic answer in my thread entitled "A Tree", and my other threads you didn't post on all of them. There, that sounded better didn't it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:26:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:26:27