Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering, if someone took a weapon, or model and used for the basis of his own model, would it be legal. Say for example you found a free model that was boxy, but had a good outline shape, so you make it more smoother. Is that legal?

Thanks, stephen

PS:not sur if this is right spot for it.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Well was the model free to use anywhere or are you talking about say ripping a gun from a game and changing the barrel

Your signature was too large.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 01:31
Really all depends on the licence given with the item. Even if it's free there may be conditions set by the owner. It's really hard to say with the information you gave.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 01:33
I think it’s a grey area to be honest and no one here can really answer it for you. If the model is totally free i.e. copyright free, then fire away with it. If you bought the model I would NOT think about releasing it in a model pack. If you bought the model and modified it and used it in your own project I can’t see this being a problem unless the creator stated other wish.

www.combatjunkies.co.uk
stephengp
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the input...

I got the model of a site, the guy wrote that he made it and don't want it so he put it for download. It's only half a gun, not textured.

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:40:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:40:41