Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / My first textured character

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 03:58
Here he is I'm working on rigging him which I will show you in a later screenie. He is an old character that I showed here, now he is textured, and kinda rigged. I still have to waight paint the rig, for non mayains merging the verts to the bones. Anyway here is the first screenie.

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 03:58
With the rig he looks pretty bad but that can be cleaned up.

Attachments

Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 04:00 Edited at: 21st Nov 2006 21:50
This is my first try at face painting and I think it turned out OK. Anyway he is kinda shifty. Also I know the model is disproportionate be we covered that in an earlier thread so please only talk about the texture here. I don't want a whole 'nother conversation.

Attachments

dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 06:38
hehehe! on a serious note, i would add more texture to the clothes, make it look less plastic.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks pretty good to me,I cant criticise anyone who makes the effort to learn modeling,it's such a steep learning curve innit!
Work on your vertex attachments and envelopes,as far as texturing goes theres not a lot wrong with it,just bring down the specularity and glossiness a little.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 17:28 Edited at: 21st Nov 2006 17:29
I remember this model when you started it man.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=88679&b=24, and the version before this.
I take back the comment I posted saying "your a ways off but you'll get better", cause perhaps that was the look you going for. I've seen this style of modeling. A little work as rolfy said on your vertex assignments and you'll be on the road.

Glad to see you kept going on this model and didn't give up on it like so many of the new guys around here that model after model get no better cause they never actually complete anything.

I give ya props there..
Good Luck
Loc
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 22:00
Thanks! Yea This is the look I am going for. It is for an airsoft game so it will be less violent and have a lighter tone. The reason the texture has bad verts is because I did not make a very great uv map, I'm still learning. Hehe Anyway the glosseyness will go away in game. It is so plasticy because the default shader is a phong and I'm too lazy to change it. Thanks for the good comments!

Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 22:20 Edited at: 21st Nov 2006 22:24
As not to take up another thread I have a few import questions. Here is a socom I tried to import and it it is transparent partally. The xm8 I imported was not so I have no idea what went wrong. Here take a look. Also is there a way to make regular entities with multiple textures. When I try it they turn white.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:24:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:24:47