Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Intense Moments Music Pack from Arteria

Author
User Banned
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 23:53 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2006 00:18

We are back with a brand new music pack - Intense Moments volume 3. This series provides music which is suitable for intense moments in your sci fi, fantasy or horror based games; the music having an eirry style.

You can vistit the products homepage by visiting here

http://www.arteria-gaming.com/intense3.html

On this page, we have introduced our new flash based streaming music player, where you can hear small snippets of the music immediatally, instead of downloading from links.

Cheers

Steve

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 00:14
Nice music...

Good luck with that.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 00:50
Moving this to Models and Media.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 01:13
nice music, but the price is a little too high for me.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 01:49
Try buying roalty free music Silent. 30 seconds is 750$.

Anyways good luck.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 02:09 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2006 02:09
Quote: "Try buying roalty free music Silent. 30 seconds is 750$.
"

I know that there are much more expensive things out there and this is a steal compared to those, I think that music costs to much in general sometimes, although it does take lots of work...

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 05:00
Steve did some custom tracks for me a while back, his music tracks are worth the bucks.

Steve - Good to see you are still creating music tracks for games.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 07:17
Quote: "Try buying roalty free music Silent. 30 seconds is 750$."

I'm working with century family media right now to license a song. IT's 20 cents a unit. Though they want a 5000 unit contract so that is a grand. So what steve is offering is awsome!

RF

SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 08:54
nice....pack..but bit costly..

HOPE has Wings
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 10:56
I haven't checked out Steve's music pack although I have seen some of his work so I will give it to him that htis is up to the usual high quality.
I missed the part on how this is too expensive.
Some of us here on the forums are way to spoiled.
We lucked out having Bond and Jon Fletcher and others do good work for us for next to nothing.
If you don't want to buy Steve's music pack then go somewhere else and try to pick up something that good for the price Steve is charging.
It ain't gonna happen.
I am sick of hearing people say this stuff or that stuff is too expensive.
Google around.
And when you come back thankful that Steve is only charging a minimal amount you can then buy his pack.
I know enough about the music business to know even a track that an artist is going to toss away is going to cost you some big bucks.
All I can say is you guys better hope TGC never gets it in their heads to charge what others charge for the same stuff.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 13:56
You guys are complaining about $20??? Keep complaining like that and you'll start to see an exodus of quality media makers around here. Unbelievable. On top of that, Stevie isn't limiting the pack's use to FPSC only; unlike TGC packs. Limiting TGC's model packs to FPSC use only is how TGC can justify keeping their prices low. They know their target consumer here. But the people who have been making the packs won't be around forever; and the "that's too expensive" comments aren't going to give them cause to stay.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 14:32
Amen KiethC. I have all of steves music packs and they are amazing. I may end up using them for "The Broken" There are some nice sounds in these packs! our my boyu BLUE!!!!!!

RF

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 15:18
I did listen to the music and it's VERY good. Not at all what I expected for $20.00. But the problem is not the music or the quality or the price. The problem is advertising Big Mac's for 19 cents to starving people in Africa. They aren't going to buy any. You must consider your customer base. And how many people here have games near completion and ready for music?

I'm sure this is not his only target audience and he will do well with the quality and price he is asking. When I get close to completion of my current work, I will check back to see what he's got. It really is good.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the quality work. I know I can use this last edition in one of my games. Sounds great!

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 15:26
19 $ for only 10 Tracks?

omg

-- This is not the best English, i'm from Germany
My System: Dell Dimension 5000, Intel P4 530J 3,0 GHz, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Sapphire Radeon X1900GT, BenQ FP71E+
-- Helix Games Head Developer --
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 15:35 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2006 04:54
I totally agree with all of the above,music is probably the last thing many of the people on here wanting to create games thinks about and its pretty low on their agenda.There is just as much work and skill goes into creating a good piece of music for a game as creating a good character model or weapon.
I have spent thousands on my instruments and recording equipment,not to mention the time spent learning to control all of this,it has however been a labour of love.
On the flipside,many of the people on these forums do realise that the chances of releasing a commercial quality game with fpsc are pretty slim at present,and do not merit the cost of buying licensed music.If you dont want to pay for music then I suggest you create your own,use fruity loops or mixman,both good quality and easy to use,but you still have to learn to mix and master,apply effects and all about compression etc, before you will get anything of any quality.Forgot to mention talent.
The music pack this guy is offering is awesome value,and I hope the penny has now dropped for some peeps.
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 15:37
@Nighthwawk

These tracks are written by myself, who is a professional musician signed to many record companies here in the uk.

For just one music track to a record company i would charge £600 advance, or more, plus recieve a royalty at 18%, plus a publishing royalty of 60% on radio play and commercial cd releases.

Noe lets evaluate my pack - 10 tracks, for just $19, no royalties to me, no publishing royalties to me.

Point made?

Steve
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 16:58
Quote: "The problem is advertising Big Mac's for 19 cents to starving people in Africa. They aren't going to buy any. You must consider your customer base. And how many people here have games near completion and ready for music?"

I can see your point, especially considering the potential audience, but it would be a bad idea to lower the price for a specific crowd only. Other developers from engines such as Torque, 3D GameStudio, etc. would not look kindly at being charged more than FPSC developers. The only recourse he would have is make an "FPSC Only" version; but then people would complain that they can't use it in something else.

The bottom line is this: Game Development costs money. Check out TGC's sound packs; most are @75 sound effects, for $15 each (unless you get a package deal...which I recommend). They are good packs (I have 4), and well worth the money; but I know many people here would complain about the price. The point is; if you don't plan on buying it, then don't bother posting/whining about the price.

-Keith

Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 18:53
I think $19 is more than fair for music of this quality.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 01:26
Yeah, I am using one of the tracks in my game!

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 03:42
I absolutely love SOME of it.
lol

Death has no end
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 04:03
I'm not ready to include music in my game yet but it's nice to know there is quality stuff out there that I WILL be able to afford when the time comes... $1.90 a track, that's an awesome price...

It seems like every man and his dog is making this model pack or that model pack but sound (which is a very important aspect of gaming) gets forgotten about.

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
Robh22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 03:16
The clip I heard is awsome. If the rest of the pack is as good, then this pack of music is MORE than worth the 20 bucks.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 08:31
What did you use to make those?
They sound really good, the ones I listened to.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Speaking as a music producer myself (don't get any ideas, I'm barely scraping by locally as it is on top of everything else I'm doing as of late), this is quality stuff. Well worth the money.

It's stuff like what I'm seeing on this board that almost make me want to give up music, though. Ever since Napster came along, people seem to think they should be given everything for free regardless of how hard it had to be to make. I'm sure Steve can back me up--on a song that sounds as good as, say, "Enter the House", it doesn't take just picking up the drumstick and beating a drum. It takes, at best, four to six hours to get a three minute song as professional as what you usually hear on the radio, and that's assuming you do just a few takes. Have a number of takes...well, let's just say you rack up that studio bill rather quick.

So yeah, does $19 sound a bit high? Of course. But that's a business decision that's had to be made as a result of the Napster generation in order to make any sort of living anymore.

Modelers and musicians are actually quite a bit alike--both groups spend a lot of time on their arts and, quite frankly, don't really need these kinds of challenges about their prices. In fact, most of the time, they're taking a loss to give you guys what you want to use to make money yourselves! It's only fair they be reimbursed in some capacity, be it monetary or otherwise.

Think about that the next time you see someone actually charge for their content that they're allowing you to use commercially.

Formerly JMC...
Forturax
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds Well Worth The $19 Very Nice Music

Swords And Axes Make You A Good Fighter...
Trust And Loyalty Make You A Good Friend

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:26:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:26:59