Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / what ever happend to metroid???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 08:36
i has lookin at all of the competition entries on the list and i noticed that the 3d metroid (they called it metroid) wasn't there. does anybody know where i can get a download of was done so far? i was really looking forward to that one.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 16:28
A number of the "big talk" games never made it.. and a whole ton of "never heard of" ones won

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 17:05

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 17:12
-what ever happend to metroid???

What ever happend to many projects out there period.

This is a bit the same as updating when a slight change has been done to your game...There's actually more talk than walk and that bugs me off...Probably why I never talk about my ideas,they just're going to be useful to someone else for now.

Caught by the Fuzz,well I was,still on my buzz
In the back of the Van,with my,head in my hands
Indigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 22:55
sure there was much more talk than walk, but i was under the impression that the 3d metroid was near completion. He even had screen shots of it and everything.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 23:28
I was hoping to see the Metal Fear game (ala Metal Gear)..

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2003 02:11
Don't forget Galaxy at War (Elite)

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 20:11
I started making it and then I got a new PC. It crashed all the time.

I've tried to find the problem but I couldn't - so I started on a new game which was going well until...

... Patch 4 came along and it crashed with unexplainable errors, so I enevtually gave up. And my new PC had the graphics card which I was gunning for all along

I just hope they make a new compo soon with an easier theme for me (I've hardly touched retro games). Maybe a racing game theme?

You are the th person to view this signature.
Programmers don't die, they just Gosub without return....
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 23:03
Quote: "sure there was much more talk than walk, but i was under the impression that the 3d metroid was near completion. He even had screen shots of it and everything."

If you're talking about me then.. excuse me?

I can post screenshots when I want - finished or not. I think I also made a point that it was unfinished. And I worked with it al the way until I encountered the compatability problems with my new PC that lead to the end of the game. I even gave work updates detailing what I'd done each day, ao I wasn't exactly parading it was finished.

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 01:17
dont take it too personally mate. its just many people come here announcing games without actually having anything to show for it (for example the person who 'made' ghost and ghouls, not freddix, the other one who took screenies of the real game. In your case you have reasons but u didnt wait for actarus to reply to your 1st reply before launching another. give him a chance to back down, a follow up that could only turn this into flamebait.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 10:28
personally i wish i'd of had more time myself to actually get some decent enough gameplay into mine - all i've ended up with is a handful of models, rigged & animated + a basic world setup.
isn't much i can actually achieve in only 5hours of development.

is a shame that you're game was plauged by patch4 David - i mean it did seem to be doing so well... i'm surprised you didn't uninstall DBpro and reinstall upgrading to 3.1 again just to finish ontime

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 15:33
hehe i wouldnt of thought of that
Karlos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 00:02
I'm guilty of posting screenshots and no game - was making Horacew goes skiing - it just about worked but just wasn't fun so gave up to work on something longer term.

If it ain't broke - try harder.
W2K Pro - Geforce2 MX400 64MB - Athlon 900
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 15:23
Quote: "is a shame that you're game was plauged by patch4 David - i mean it did seem to be doing so well... i'm surprised you didn't uninstall DBpro and reinstall upgrading to 3.1 again just to finish ontime "

I would have done that- but in 3.1 it ran at about 6 FPS so I couldn't really tell if it was working or not!

And my new pc crashed it anyway - P4 or not

But, that's over now - I just hope DBS do another compo soon with a theme that I can apply myself to! (I have never played a retro game in my life)

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 13:26
lol shame... some of them were fun to play when i was younger

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 02:11
i loved the retro games. Of course i never played anything older that the C64 but thats old enough. I used to love the gun games on C64, some of the ones i had were really good. Of course, i had about 1000 games since the casettes were about 30p and had 6 games or so on each. Not to mention the fact i bought it with about 500. ne1know of a c64 game called shoot em up construction kit. spend countless hours on that before i began experimenting programming on it. Thinking back on it now I cant believe i was only 8 when i began programming, same age as my little bro and he's a complete retard, except for the fact that he is a god at counter strike and i dont even mean for his age. neway ive gone off on one again. I might just play windwaker... or should i do my 80 pg piece of coursework due on tuesday...
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 22:20
Wow. 30p games for an in-date console?

I wish I was around then.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 18:19
Shoot 'em Up Construction Kit.... I spent months working in that application... it was awesome.

How else could someone make: Teenage Mutant Ninja Hotdogs - Heroes in a Half Bun when they're 12 years old?

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 01:15
hehehe well i dont know, altough with some programming tools around i should imagine it would be easy now
tick64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 03:55
I made - Retroid (2D updated to 3D)
David89 made DBP Metroid Prime
which one?

Revision for my SATS stopped me from finishing the project, my dad wanted to get me "TOP" marks, kinda bad time for a competition to be hosted!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:33:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:33:05