Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Bamboozled by stairs...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 23:11
I've spent alot of the weekend attempting to create custom stairs. Without a whole lot of success. I've checked the forum for threads on the subject, but i'm still deeply, deeply confused.

The modelling side of it seems straight-forward enough. It's once I've got my model made that I run into trouble. I can't work out what it is that "creates" the "stairiness" - ie: allows the player to walk up them, rather than into them. I've attempted to dissect existing stair files, but cant work out what differentiates them from other types of entity. Is it a scripted difference? Something perhaps done in entity creator? Because my staircase ends up being as effective as an oddly shaped lump of stone when I drop it into my map.

If someone could kindly explain the stair-making process, or direct me to an appropriate forum thread I may have missed, i'd be very grateful. I'm sure (as usual) that I'm missing something blatantly obvious, but i just can't work it out.

Many thanks.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 23:53
this is quite simple.

you just have your basic staircase, then set it as a static object and set the collision to polygons, then you can run up it and do all of that stuff.

Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 00:07
Thanks very much for the response, Silent Thunder:

Quote: "this is quite simple."

Unfortunately, I'm quite simple too... I've set my stairs as a static object... but where would I be setting the collision to polygons? In my modelling program beofre export? Or is that an option within FPSC, because I can't seem to locate it.

Or do you mean when I make the staircase into an entity with, say, entity creator?

Sorry for being so slow on the uptake. Been staring at these stairs for so long that my brain seems to have shut down on me.
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
you would set the collisont to pollys in the enity creation prosses askes you what to set it to and you have to put the number 1 wich means pollys

Slipknot Rules
Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 00:27
Oops. Not "box" then.

Thanks very much both for the quick responses. I'm very much obliged. Amazes me how I can take the simplest thing and complicate it out of all proportion.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:24:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:24:41