Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Infernal little thing........

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to adapt the walking 3d man example at the moment, but and want to give him a texture - but when I ask WALK.X to use SKIN.BMP (the sample guy, you know, the one in the blue suit and with silly hair), it puts the hair on the feet, the suit on the head, and the face on the...... errr.... nether-regions

I am using "exam2.dba" in the "help/examples/basic3d" folder.
SURE TO WRECK HAVOC ANYWHERE HE ROAMS - HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS DEADY!!!!!
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2003 07:02
Is the model you are using an md3 or some other type of model with more than 3 models in one? I havnt really looked at the basic 3d models, so I wouldnt know, ill take a look very quickly...

I cant tell, from what I saw, there were 2 models in .x format, so each of those models may have some skinning errors or something, you may have the wrong skin set for the wrong model, or other things may be wrong. Of course, I could be wrong about a lot of things, but most likely, its a skinning issue.

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 03:44
Sounds like a UV map problem.. cant he just adjust the UV map until the skin lines up?

ie: SCROLL OBJECT TEXTURE Object Number, X, Y

Princess Leia

SYSTEM: AMD 2.7Ghz, 1GIG DDR ram, 120GB HD, ATI Radeon 9700.
Deadmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the help It works now

SURE TO WRECK HAVOC ANYWHERE HE ROAMS - HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS DEADY!!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:41:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:41:59