Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / My first game! well it did start as a DarkBasic game be i took to long!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
[img]After long time of wanting to be good at programing i almost got my first game done i will tell you the plot (if you can call this a plot more like what to do!) The name of the game is called Night Racer and what you will have to do is when you start there a certain amount of light on the street and you misson is to knock them all down and you have a chose of 5 cars but the problem i have right now is that all my car models are from Darkbasic so as you know there a shite so this is a request if any one could model me a simple car that looks better than the car04 in darkbasic that i would be very greatfull oh and if any one can tell were i can get a good BSP level creater or anything on that matter all the help you can give to me will be very usefull thanks. DARKFLAS! ps i will also put up some pics soon if i can get a good level somwere!
I will code your ass!!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 01:28
The DarkMatter cars are pretty nice, perhaps should think about investing in it

failing that when there is a new webmaster at FMTau perhaps the shop can finally be setup, as i have a small library of model (cars included) which will be retailed.
Pretty sweet deals too ... 3 LOD Mesh + Defualt Skin and UV Map to create your own skins all from $25/model and $2.50 per skin!

There will also be purchaseable DLLs and library functions for several languages including C/C++, DB/Pro, DirectX and OpenGL - which will all come fully developed for intergration into a program, useage guides and with full free technical support.

(sorry about the advert take over, but is really worth the mention -- thought depends alot of if i can get a webmaster)

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 14:40
if you want a BSP editor, you can't beat Worldcraft. The legendary Valve wrote it to design their levels in half life.
Dark FLAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys i will check out the stuff keep em comeing!

I will code your ass!!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 09:15
Valve didn't develop Worldcraft for Half-Life... they just bought it and modified it (not even greatly either)
typical microsoft tactics

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 01:17
well, why modify it when it already is great?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Dark FLAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello thank you for all the replies they have been very helpfull

At this time i am looking for a car model for my game because like i said earlier that i am useing the cars from darkbasic and you know how bad they are.

So if any one could make me one or that would be very cool i cant pay anyone (sorry) but i can do Flash animations and i would be very happy to make anyone one for there web site all for free any request it will not be professional but i have made many well hope to hear from you all bye!

ps. when my game is done i give you guys a sample for all your help!

I will code your ass!!
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 03:38
I stand corrected. You say you want a web master? What sort of a job will it be?
Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 01:31
Anything that Valve owns for making BSPs is illegal to use in DBPro. It states on their page that you may ONLY use it to make levels for HL. Do they suck or what?

I'm waiting for Cart Shop 3. 2.x can make good BSPs, but the .X to BSP convertor is a little picky, so it'll be nice to just export to a BSP.

-Kensupen
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 21:11
Well, that's crap. What if you made the level for half-life and also used it in your DBPro creation? Just curious.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 13:31
It's a commercial thing, Valve and ID are very protective of their BSP editors. They should really stop being daft, realise that amateur developers are using .BSP too and release a licence for Worldcraft - Not dissing Carto Shop, but if Valve said £40 and you can use Worldcraft freely, I'd go with that first.

Van-B
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 08:43
CShop is good, but right now far from being Worldcraft - but then to me Worldcraft was a far cry from the superb Qoole

Find Worldcraft 2.x, Valve only owns the rights over 3.x - the modifications made arn't really even mentionable.
If you use the Half-Life compilers then nothing can really be said to sidetrack them, however third parties have made thier own which are free from the Licence
2.x used to be $25 was pretty sweet too...

no point really in crying over spilt milk unfortunately, QuArK is an interesting one and is free from licence

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:48:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:48:06