Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / for butter fingers...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey butters, i saw your demo (umbra) and i really liked it,
could you tell me how to make those dark rooms with the flashing lights? and how you make those flying walls and the cracked walls?

kloen
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 21:00
lol

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 01:44
Quote: "could you tell me how to make those dark rooms with the flashing lights?"

Yes. Use a decal that replicates a light halo, then create a "light shaft" decal, and place it in 3 directions. You may want to create different size and shape light ray decals, therefore giving you a denser, more real render. Then carefully select the same custom colour lightbulb as you used for the colour of the light ray decal.

Quote: "
and how you make those flying walls and the cracked walls?"

This has taken me many many hours to perfect.

It's a wall entity (not segment), it has a debris reference in it's FPE so that it can break appart when destroyed. It is also custom scripted to prevent the physics settings required to make it break appart from interfering with it's alignment.

The explosion itself works using 1 of 2 custom scripts. There's one for geomod style scenery (breaks apart when destroyed), and one for scripted evens (such as a wall exploding and a bunch of marines running through).

Both these features took alot of time and graphic/script work to create, let alone test and implement in a final game. I'm a little uneasy about revealing even this much of the magic formula, but with the above pointers, you can start exploring the relevant areas, and hopefully you too will begin to innovate in your own way.

Butters

kloen
Years of Service
User Offline
much thanks butters, it really helps

kloen
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 15:54
I have umbra, but the loading is long and when I click = is error.

SIXOFT - This is not just a game, this is a SIXOFT game.
kloen
Years of Service
User Offline
i still don't really understand, i'm kinda new and i don't really know what everything is, i did created (one time) a dark room, but only when editing the AI of a simple light, does somebody know what i mean?
sorry butters, but i don't actually know how to create that flashing lights, i hope i'm not irritating but i'm still new, hope you know what i mean

kloen
kloen
Years of Service
User Offline
or something else, i saw (maybe i'm wrong) in the demo, when you're in the area with the flashing lights, and you see at the end a sink, you will be teleported to another area, you can tell me how to do that without a teleporter?

kloen
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 21:25
You can give any dynamic entity the teleporter script as far as I know.

kloen
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks

kloen

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:39:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:39:38