Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Importing in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone,
first of all, I'm pleased to meet you all and I apologyze if what I'm about to ask has been already answered, but actually I'm quite new to FPSC and these forums, so I haven't managed yet to find what I'm trying to understand.
Therefore, I think that asking directly may be the best solution.

Now, what I can't quite understand is:

1- How can I import segments and objects in FPSC? Do I have to create the object I want and move it into one of the FPSC folders? Or is there some procedure to perform "inside" FPSC?

2- Which program do I need to create, for example, a brand new segment? Right now, I have 3D World Studio and 3D Canvas; as far as I've understood, I could use those 2 programs, but there doesn't seem to be any option to "save as" or export in .dbo or .fps files, or any files . So, what can I do? And are there other programs I could use to create objects or characters?

Well, I think that's all so far, so if you could kindly give me some help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 00:34 Edited at: 29th Nov 2006 00:36
No asking directly isn't the best way. I see you joined today. So this also means that you've taken no time to read all the stickies. If we answered these same questions to everyone that joined these threads would be swamped.

I suggest reading all the stickies and taking a month to "reverse engineer" the program. There's 2 types of search engines at the bottom of each page. If your not finding your answer that's because your not using the right terms. Make yourself aware of the terminology, and read what you can.

Though I could easily spoon feed you the answers to this like a few of the new guys around here may, thinking there actually helping, I find instilling proper forum etiquette and good search habits a better way to go. But even then, sometimes you'll have questions. But at least the people that can actually help you with problems gets the idea your willing to do lots of work yourself.

Good luck
Loc
Sparhawk 81
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't mean to disrespect you, Loc, and I appreciate your effort in trying to motivate me to find the answers with my own strenghts, but I have already browsed the stickies (even if I have just signed in the forums today, this does not mean it's the first time I've been reading them ), and performed some research, but unluckly so far I haven't been able to find an answer, probably because of language barriers (I'm not English or American), and/or because at the moment I still miss the proper terminology.

I know you guys can't answer every question by everyone, and I know there are lots of people who just buy FPSC, log into the forums, and start asking even how they can quit the program; but I'm sure you know there are also people who try their best to find answers on their own, and then, if they can't really come up with anything, as a last option, join the forum and openly ask.

Now, of course I'll keep on searching and trying to find the answers on my own, but if in the meantime someone is willing to give me a hint or two, I would be a happy guy.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Would suggest you start here.http://www.fpscreator.com/downloads.html
Mikey spike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 09:08
welli see that you like modeling, so if you want to make an entry (whitch is an object like a computer desk or gun) then you have to export your model in a .x format ( microsoft direcX)(you should know that lol) once done i think you need to add some more files im not fully sure, im not a modeler but i sugest looking for stickys that sayentry nd segment maker tutorial and things like that

Good luck!
Sparhawk 81
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you guys, I think I'm starting to understand a thing or two... you've been very kind and helpful!
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 16:11 Edited at: 30th Nov 2006 19:28
@ Sparhawk 81

If all the newcomers were as friendly as you our forum would be superb! Thanks for being friendly .

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff

btw i asked rich to change my name from Supah Gamer so dont mix!
Mikey spike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 22:22
yeah, thats very true
the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 05:14
entity not entry. dont want you to get mislead.
Sparhawk 81
Years of Service
User Offline
That's very kind of you!
well, since I'm a newcomer, I think that being friendly is the least I could do.

Anyway, I think I'm managing to "find my way", now there are still a couple of things not totally clear to me, but I think I'll manage to understand them on my own (thanking also some tutorials I found in the Download section, thank you Rolfy)

Only a suggestion: what do you think about Caligari GameSpace? Is it a good 3D program? I know a bit of 3DSMax, but 3D Studio Max is really too expensive for me to buy, so I was wondering if this GameSpace could be a good solution or not.

So, could someone kindly give me some impressions about it, please?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:24:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:24:27