Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Lightmapping issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 13:43
Ok, now I realise this is perhaps slightly more suited to "bug Reports", but I figured the solution would probably be best solved by someone who understands light mapping better than I, so here goes.

Sometimes when I place a large entity into the level, such as the drop ship, or landscape pack entities, they don't lightmap propperly. If I place a bulb half way ove the mountain for example, it does not light an area of the mountain, it just stays dark.

Same goes with the drop ship and bridge entities I have created, they don't lightmap at all, they're fine with lightmaps turned off, but as soon as a turn it on, they remain dark, even if there's a light marker right next to them.

I don't think this is a bug like the "black entities" bug, as the object is still visible, infact if I crank the amb up a bit I can see it, but if I make the amb low, and place a light next to the entity, it remains unlit.

Is this just a size issue? I mean the dropship is only 786kb, and it's UVd propperly. Am I just being a retard? Somebody help, without fixing this landscape pack 2 was a waste of money!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 17:52 Edited at: 29th Nov 2006 17:56
Are they dynamic entities?
FPSC has issues with lightmapping and dynamic entities.
And whether you have static or dynamic lighting can have an effect on this as well.
I have a level I am working on with dynamic lights and when you turn out the lights the dynamic entites look just like they do with the lights on.
Sometimes if you use static lighting you have to make a static entity into a dynamic one for the lightmapping to work properly.
My guess is that lightmapping is something that FPSC is going to address soon.
Ben might be able to answer about the landscape packs since he has made a few

Edit:I have noticed that when I use static lighting some things such as doors,pickups,etc. don't respond well to the light as well.
If you take something (like the gold bar in the WWII\items folder) and place it in your level and lower the ambience and use static lighting it will be dark and the light won't reflect off of it properly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:24:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:24:37