Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / laser/bullet trail help please... dbpro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, im making a game that's in the style of robotron if anyone has played it... and have been working on it for alittle while now.. (JUST started to use dark basic) and have it set up so its mouse aim and a wierd movement(arrow keys"will switch to wasd soon"), but what im really wondering is how would I go about making a bullet trail or laser effect " a line to the distance sortof thing"? I have a limb set up for the distance and collision detection (im going to use limb intersect) and want it so its mouseclick like if mouseclick then draw the line from the player to the limb object... sorry if this is confusing, im guessing it has something to do with the particles system but I have no idea... how to use that... and the line command is only x ,y plane?

Im going to attach the source code though oh and if anyone wants to use it they can... not much of anything though wouldnt see why..

~Ellusion Games~
xXxLife is like a box of chocalate's there's always one's you dont likexXx
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 18:05
This draws a line of a distance of 200 when you click. Change the desired_distance# variable if you want to change the length of the line.

Or you could get Cloggy's dll. It's free and allows you to draw lines by specifying places in 3d space.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 13:26:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 13:26:11