Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Character Invisible Glitch..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 02:19
Need help with problem in FPSC. I have everything I need for the character (I didnt make it), textures, model, tga, you all know. However, when I go to test game, the guy is compltely transparent and only a shadow is cast on the ground. He does exist, because you cant go through the person above the shadow. I am using FPSC 104 just for your info. If you want the character, you can ask.. I am not using 0,0,0 pure black, I am using 25,25,25 dark grey. Thank you for your time!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 03:05
its possible he's really tiny. try scaling him up.

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 03:54
Its also possible since you didn't make this that its a nvidia card problem. S4 and myself ran into a situation ( Fred this is why I asked you to test the robot we made)testing between ATI and Nvidia, and after all that we read on the nvidia forums/documentation that this can be casued when transparancies are on the texture in any form. Nvidia apparently provides patches for many of the top games if I understood S4 correctly.

Second problem could be the entity is to small. I've seen this as well as scaling in one modeling software isn't the same as whats used and the mesh looks so small it can't be seen.

Take your pick....I'm sure theres other problems it could be as well.

Good luck
Loc
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 21:13
Damon_V made the model for me and says it works fine on his computer, just on mine he is invisible. That probably scratches off the tiny thing, unless my comp handles it differantly. Where do I check for my Video card? oh wait nvm. One sec... I believe I have an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (GMA).. Is that right?

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems that if the model is made on one machine with one graphics card its possible the model does not show on another computer, i thinks it to do with the way graphics cards handle things diffrent.

The only way u can prob fix it is to load the char into magic fps or a diffrent model program on your computer and then resafe the char/mocel then use the new x file.

Hope u get it sorted.

Im a wizz at texturing toilets
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 00:55
alrigt. My Milkshape trial is out of luck

(\__/)
(O.o )
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 01:00 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2006 01:00
Get lithUnwrap and upload the model into the program then just resave it and see if that works also the program is free.

Im a wizz at texturing toilets
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 17:27
tried but now the character floats and his gun is beneath his feet and his body doesnt move at all - there is no animation. I will get milkshape on a different comp and try it then

(\__/)
(O.o )
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 21:45
alright everyone ignore this thread now I got it to work. Mods, you can del this if ya want You'll see a stickman game soon!

(\__/)
(O.o )
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 02:26
Quote: "alright everyone ignore this thread now I got it to work. "

Then why don't you share what you did for other users who have the same problem?

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
DamonV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 02:32 Edited at: 4th Dec 2006 02:33
Hello Conjured Entertainment,

He simply exported the original milkshape rigged version of the model and it worked...so it s4real seemed to be right on the money for what was wrong. I was plain out of ideas on how to get it to work as it was working fine on my computer.

FPSC seems to be a very touchy program, if your having problems Conjured, I wish you the best of luck with fixing them.

Should anyone have this problem at a later date, if you can, try to export the original model from your computer or another computer if you can and that SHOULD clear it up, it seems.

- Damon

Also, thanks for the help s4real, and everyone else who posted.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 03:57
Quote: "if your having problems Conjured"

No I'm not at the moment, but it seems a shame that a problem would be posted and then the solution would not.
That's the beauty of the forum, we can get answers to our problems.
It seems a waste to not share the solution or delete the thread altogether.

Quote: "Get lithUnwrap and upload the model into the program then just resave it and see if that works also the program is free."

Yeah, but they changed the name to Ultimate Unwrap 3D, and now its not free anymore.
However, I did manage to find a site with a download of the old version LithUnwrap v1.3 (the free one).
I had problems with one download, so I used the PlanetMirror HTTP one and it seems to have worked.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:38:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:38:22