Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Converting to x?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 14:37
Hi everyone

I was wandering if anyone knows how to convert a MDL.
file to X. format if you do please post.

Im not asking anyone to do it for me i just want to know because i have some mdl objects and i want to convert the to x to make them to entitys to use in my game.

Mobile C
Years of Service
User Offline
3dmax 9.0 is ok
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 17:25
You didn't even attempt to look this up yourself did you? In one minute I found a thread where Fred P. suggest a conversion method. This is one of about 37 threads on this subject alone.

I just don't get why your more special then I am. What makes you the "Cock of the walk", in that we all should spoon feed you the answers wile you recline on a red velvet couch having Lee feed you grapes. I really want this kind of treatment myself and not have to lift one finger to do anything.

Get a clue, and quit being so selfish. You bumped another thread because you couldn't be bothered to look. Way to be part of a community and have people take you seriously.

I don't wanna hear sorry, or what business is it of mine. You along with so many other of people on this forum have not one clue on how to conduct yourself.

Were about over it....tighten up and fly right.
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 02:46 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2006 02:47
No one has developed a proven method of transforming mdl files to x.

You could try Fragmotion (this would be my bet). The guy who made it is extremely helpful and has a forum. He also seems to take feature requests and fix bugs that users find quite regularly.

You could also try Unwrap3d as Fred P suggested (not proved) but it is a bit expensive, and there doesn't seem to a support forum if you have troubles.

As a side note, this "comic book guy" type abuse wasn't warranted.
Out of the so called 37 topics not one answered this question. If anything they just confused the issue.

This guy was given a spray for no reason, which is stupid and simply lacks class.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 04:04
Milkshape also allegedly converts these files as well although I haven't tried it as I usually don't play around with the format in question.
Try google.There are a zillion converters out there.
Maybe one will fit your needs.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 05:19
Yes milkshape dose(I've done it for S4 before Fred). But no point casue this guys not even trying to find the answer himself.

Just lazy...pure and simple....

And you can blow my class out your..................
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 06:16
Alrighty then, question's been answered. Time for everybody to get in the Holiday Spirit, dog-gone it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:27:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:27:00