Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DarkBasic Pro Tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 01:07
I am new to DarkBASIC Pro and I have bought several of their other programs such as 3D World Studio, FPS and several others, because I have worked with Flash and made several personal games but I also had awful good tutorials and the only tutorials that I can find for DarkBasic Pro is either on plain Darkbasic or the books sold by this company and I would gladly buy the books "Hands on DarkBASIC Pro" but I am an American living in Brazil and a retired Veteran and I have tried to get this company to put the books up on the Internet as EBooks but with no response, so I am wondering if anyone here knows where I can get good tutorial for this program? The reason I don't just order the books is because in order to get them to me, it will cost about twice what the books cost because of the freight and taxes and I, because I am stubborn will not pay that much for books. I have to download all my books that I own from the internet because I can't find any books in english here in Brazil. I need a tutorial that will go through all the commands basically and also have a small game created that I can study as a whole thing put together so that I can study the scheme of the build. Can someone please help me?

Thank You
Kenneth Swayze

If someone can, please email me at swayzebrasil@swayzebrasil.com or leave me a message here that I can get.

Ken
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 14:41
Check the stickies at the top of this board. There's 3 tutorial there, but you won't find one that explains all the commands. You'll have to figure a lot of them out on your own, but you can always use search to find a thread that explains them.

Also, follow the link in my sig to a Pac-Man tutorial, though it assumes you know the core, image, and sprite commands.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 22:32
This site is dedictaed to tutorials for DB Pro. It's basically links to many resources on the internet.

http://members.thegamecreators.com/tutorialcity/

You can also check out all of the newsletters, there are many tutorials in that from myself, Grant Clark and others.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=newsletter

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 02:09 Edited at: 4th Dec 2006 02:10
Is Tutorial City still being updated? I haven't seen my tutorial there yet, or either of Sixty Squares' tutorials and, or do only the best make it to that site? They kind of are the best right now, hence the stickies.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 12:50 Edited at: 4th Dec 2006 12:50
I haven't updated it for a while, because I rebuilt my machine and didn't reinstall M$ Access, which it was driven by. I should rehash it at some point when I get the time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 13:30:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 13:30:50