Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DarkBasic Help, please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I just registered to this forum today because I am having a bit of trouble with a game project I am working on for a class that I am taking. I just started it, and I am just trying to get it to compile for the first time. I'm not very proficient with DarkBasic, so please bare with me. When I compile this code, I just get a black screen. Now i realize that my code doesn't actually do anything besides display text at the moment, but I just want to get this part working before I move on. Here is my code so far...

Like I said, whenever I run this code, I just get a blank screen. I know it has something to do with they way I am trying to get the text onto the screen, because the functions that I have put into the program regarding the escapekey still work correctly. I think it must have something to do with the set current bitmap command. I guess I'm a little fuzzy on what this command actually does. If you guys could help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 02:39
Its probably because you didnt use the sync command in your main loop.

Working on Boxed for NVIDIA compo. Check it out

evant2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thanks, that got it working when i set current bitmap 0. But How about if i want to have a menu splash screen underneath the text i am printing? I did set current bitmap 1 (a bitmap that i loaded before), and it just gave me a black screen again.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 05:43
Bitmap zero is the only one actually seen. The "set current bitmap" command changes the working screen. It allows you to work with images/menus/maps and so on without the user seeing what the program is doing. You want to use "paste image" to paste an image to the screen then write the text.
evant2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I used paste image and I still just get a black screen. Here is the code I have so far (i cut out a lot of worthless stuff that isn't relevant to this problem so the code is easier to read.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 13:36:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 13:36:36