Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Debris : Where are the models located?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 01:57 Edited at: 7th Dec 2006 01:59
Does anyone know where the models are kept.

I've been trying to do some work with debris but I seem to be coming up empty. I've searched the folders and found everything from a broken board to metal fragments to stones, that were originally intended as fragments, but like the Hummer, left to rot in the FPSC file structure. Looking at the DBP code for FPSC it seems that debris is a hardcoded function.

Although im not a dbp kinda guy seems to me its calling somekind of a .obj(Poser file extention?). I see referances to the sounds and .wav's that are played for explosions but nothing for the .x files or there possible locations. Perhaps someone with a bit more research on the subject can chime in.

Considering there only 4 post concerning this, and only 3 for FPSC dating back to 30th Sep 2005 20:13, it would be wonderful if someone in the TGC payrole would enlighten us all on this subject.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 02:08
Obj is the variable it's using to refrence to the object id. And yes, fragments are preloaded, unforutently. I image it wouldn't be too much work to read 'em off a directory - maybe I can add that to my weapon mod when they FINALLY release the new source.

Explosions are actually plains generated in DBP, so they don't require models by the way.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 02:54 Edited at: 7th Dec 2006 03:02
Explosions was a bad term on my part. All Im talking about and care about are pieces. Seems we've found some models. But this dose not explain why when you've got a normal model with no "chunk" sections in the same folder why you can put up to 8 variations(although they look horrible) on some mesh though the 'debrisshape = 8' line in the fpe. When you choose 9 why dose it crash the system. Calling on 9 shouldn't matter since meshes with no chunk sections can have this line of code as well and show up to 8 variations. Why do some folders have 12 'chunk' versions if you can only pick 8. Why do other folders only have 4 extra meshes(chunks) yet your still able to pick 'debrisshape = 8'.

I know nothing about DBP so I couldn't find a clue in it if my life depended on it. The way these are called upon is very strange, And I'd love to hear how this works. I think this could benefit everyone here. It's obvious there's some system but what it is I couldn't tell ya.]

EDIT: Other questions I'd like answered as well.
Whats the meaning of life?
What is humanity's place in the cosmos?
Whens mommy coming home? Shes been gone an awfully long time.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 03:42
What is humanity's place in the cosmos?

Food
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 03:55
Lol. AMEN.

[url]http://www.google.com][img]http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/7189/logozr0.th.gif][/url]
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 03:56
Yeah food owns all.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 04:03
Quote: "Explosions was a bad term on my part. All Im talking about and care about are pieces. Seems we've found some models. But this dose not explain why when you've got a normal model with no "chunk" sections in the same folder why you can put up to 8 variations(although they look horrible) on some mesh though the 'debrisshape = 8' line in the fpe. When you choose 9 why dose it crash the system. Calling on 9 shouldn't matter since meshes with no chunk sections can have this line of code as well and show up to 8 variations. Why do some folders have 12 'chunk' versions if you can only pick 8. Why do other folders only have 4 extra meshes(chunks) yet your still able to pick 'debrisshape = 8'."

Debrisshape=# is the actual type of debris, I think. It's a pain that you can't add your own (EX: 2 MIGHT be a barrel, 3 MIGHT be a bottle - though those are just random guesses)

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be possible to spawn a similar entity when destroying which had the debris animated to suit the model you are using.Although its means more work,it would be a better solution,and more realistic.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 15:50
Well, what if you moved the entity? If you want to do that, you should have an animation plus an ALT Texture.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 17:20
Thanks guys, but I realize the things I "can" do. I was just hoping someone with some real knowledge of how this worked would chime in. The way you can see the dynamic pieces and kick um till you turn away and there no longer there works perfect. To achive this through alternative methods would be very script intensive and even then I don't know if the same thing can be achived.

This is just a subject that needs clairification from TGC. We need the ability to control these functions easily. But if nothing more we all need to know in what manner these work from the creators view, so we can better understand how we can adapt these for our use. I mean 3 post in so long isn't a wealth of info on this subject.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:29:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:29:10