Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / transparency !!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 04:25
I seem to be having a serious issue with trying to get the FPSC engine to use the transparency settings that I setup in anim8or. what I am doing is as follows:

1. produce model and leave out the part that will be transparent.
2. create the uv map for the model.
3. texture the map.
4. open up anim8or and load the uv map.
5. add the part of the model that will transparent.
6. set the trans. for that part.
7. save all settings and export as .3ds
8. open the model up in 3d reducer.
9. convert to .x
10. save the .x file for the model and the .tga file for the texture in the entity bank user folder.
11.do the rest of the normal processes involved and get it in game.

When I load the entity there is no transparecy!!!!!!
is there a tutorial or some explicit advice I can use to help in the correction of this?

by the way I HAVE SEARCHED.
Thanks TI.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 06:15
did yu set the texture to black for the trans part? true black is trans. (0,0,0)

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 12:42
anim8or does'nt work like that. There is a specific trans. box that ranges from 0-100. the trans is fine untile I put it in game.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 13:38
You must have a texture with additional alpha channel for the transparent parts. Or you will have to make all parts of the texture you wish to use as absloutely black or part thereof and in consideration you dont have a separate alpha channel then save as PNG and use that texture format for the entity.

Idealy you need to open the texture in a paint program and check the transparency settings and save out correctly from there in which.

In the case of TGA files many programs wont save Transparency information wih an image as they have no provision for an alpha Channel.

Some moedellers may be able to embed transparency info to a models polys where transparency is applied to the texture on them in the program and save that out in the x.file format - others wont. e.g. glass made transparent in your modeller.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 22:17
Thank you for the info uman, I will try to incorporate this into anim8or and the gimp. Hopefully I will be able to use the gimp to accomplish this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:36:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:36:36