Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / enemy body damage (different idea on this)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 08:56
I was wondering, is there any way that an enemy could switch to an alternate texture when you damage him so much? (not asking about hitboxes) I was thinking we could have 5 different textures: 1. No damage 2.Slightly damaged 3.Moderately damaged 4.heavily damaged
5.Dead. i got this idea from Quake II, because when you shoot something so many times on it, it begins to looke damaged and uses a different texture. I don't know if this will work though. It might need a script.

I poured Spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 15:22
rolfy did it with entities. I don't know if it would be different for charaters or not.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=94456&b=24

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 15:33 Edited at: 7th Dec 2006 15:42
They are two different entities,one replaces the other after destroying.You may be able to achieve this by destroying your character enity and spawning another in its place,with damage and textures, several times.
The problem may be re-spawning in exactly the same place,I have seen games where a character dies and gets back up again,so this may be achievable,but I think it may be easier for scripting to handle a texture change of some sort.
Maybe you could take a look at the health heads system or something like it,to get an idea for achieving this.
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 18:38
Havn't been sucessful so far. It's pretty complicated, and if i wanted every ingame character to do that, it would slow my gameplay significantly.

I poured Spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:46:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:46:40