Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / I want to use signs ... but I can't (Help Please)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 09:23
I have tryed on two of the computers in my ouse and on both have showed the error message

Pic attatched

Is there another way to install signs or a way to fix this error ?!?!

Thnx WuTang

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 15:52
A) What version of Signs?

B) You seem to have a little evil error that can occur for many possible reasons I beleive, I had to redo my computer to use Dos applications again. I got it when trying to install the second Quake 1 mission pack

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 16:40
Well the icon on his desktop says "singsIV". Not sure if this is another program that needs "Dot Net framework 2.0 " since I already have it installed. You may want to find the "SignsIV" thread and ask Terry about it. I'm sure he'd be happy to assist you.
WuTang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 18:34
Ok ill give him a look ... although its happening on both of my pc's hmmm could it not just be a bad installer ?!?! got it off fpsconline.com !?!?

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
2 suggestions to try..number 1, get ENDITALL and end everything you have running in the background. From the looks of it, you have plenty. You would be suprised at the errors I got just using windows live defender.

Number 2. Have you tried forcing the program to run in compatibility mode for what it states in the error. Sometimes programs arent registered correctly with Windows. To do this , right click the icon for the program, go to properties, set to what you desire for compatibility mode. See attached pic.

Try that and see if it helps. Just my thoughts.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2006 07:18
I have added an alternate install for Signs IV. Warning, the alternate install will overwrite your existing Signs config files so, only use it if you are having problems with the original install program.

The Alternate Install was created using ClickTeam's Installer

You can find it on fpscOnline.com
TJR Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2006 23:40
I think I have had this problem before, but w/ fpsc. U know how it said 16bit subsystem up the top, you need to either have a 64mb, 64bit graphics card or an onboard graphice card that is 32mb, 32bit. Signs needs atleast 32bit (32,000 colours) to run. As 16bit hase alot less colours then a 32 bit card... It has new colour handling capabilities when you have it on 32bit.

First when you are on the desktop, right click on you mouse (WHILE DA CURSOR IS ON DA DESKTOP AWAY FROM ANY ICONS).
Secondly, when that drop-down list of options comes down, click on properties, it will be down the very bottom of the drop down list.
Whe the properties window opens up you should see a few other tabs 2 go 2. Up the top, look a round till u c da settings tab. Click on it and down the bottom u will c a rectangular box w/ a drop-down list button on da right. Click on that drop-down list button and you should see a few ##bit settings. Click on the highest number on da left of 'bit'. If your highest bit settings is 16 bit on both pcs, then you would have been lucky to just have a demo, trial of free version... Did this help? If it didn't, could you e-mail me the- version of the product(1,2,3,4/1.1 or somthin'), if there is a virus(using pc-cilin or somthing, if it has 1 email it 2 me), the person/place/date u got it and wether u downloaded it(electronically/for free from www._____.com_____if so). Thanx...
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2006 23:57
Good call game station.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:39:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:39:55