Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / I dont know how to use fraps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2006 18:11
Fraps looks a easy programe but when i press f9 it does not record it goes red then white then yellow again i press stop come out the game but it has not recorded.

The trekkie
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe you have changed the key assignments,when you open fraps check which keys are assigned to which function.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 00:17
why the heck is this in these boards?

why don't you e-mail FRAPS support.

and it only records while you are in a game, it doesn't work for just recording your desktop.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
Zombies eaten people
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 10:48
Can u record from the test level?

The trekkie
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 11:00
Zombies eaten people
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 13:25
well then it isnt working and i have no idea why

The trekkie
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 15:36
Fraps saves files in C:/Fraps folder. Check if your videos are in there.

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 07:52
Fraps is super easy. And there FAQ page is explicit even has pictures to show you what you need to know.... here is the link...click me...

Personal notes:
I use fraps alot. I compete in league video game tournements and we have to demo every game we play. Plus I tend to take alot of my frap's demo's and turn them into game music videos and utube them for bragging rights on the other teams we play against.

Best piece of info is that there are 4 tabs go through each tab play with each setting until you get familiar with the program and trust me it wont take long to learn this program.

Just a quick piece of info frap's has a horrible compression ratio when it comes to proper codecs... you will get a clean looking video when your copying but the size of your video will be enormous... a 15 minute game can cost me 12 to 15 gigs of harddrive space until I convert the codec to like a divx 5 and turn that 15gig video to a 200 to 300 meg video...Big difference huh...

Also when recording no need to expand past the 30fps your recording wont get any better then the frames being thrown at it...

Oh and the last thing before I leave this post...On FRAP's itself there is a help button on the program its also pretty useful.

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 10:32
Check from fraps where the "save videos" path is. Then go there and your videos should be in that folder.

p.s: This is not the board to post in. Ask from the fraps forums.

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff

btw i asked rich to change my name from Supah Gamer so dont mix!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 14:15
Someone already suggested he look in the Fraps forums.
Please remember over the next few weeks we may have quite a few new members due to the holidays and some will give/recieve FPSC and FPSC related products for gifts.
Please try to be as nice as possible to them.
I don't want to spend all of my holidays have to moderate the forums and being mean to people...that's what my family is for.
I think I can speak for all of the other mods as well as myself when I say we need to be in the holiday spirit and all get along and be on our best behaviors.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:35:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:35:09