Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / History of DarkBasic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,

I was quite surprised when I came across DarkBasic (link from flipcode.com), how could it happen that I completely missed this?
I've been doing a little bit of game programming here and there. But all straight C++ and/or DX. I always figured there were tools as DarkBasic, but I never really paid any special attention to this, as I thought it would be far inferior and limited. But I'm very impressed with DarkBasic so far.
What I'd like to know is how long has DarkBasic been around (could find any info on this), and are there any good similar tools around like DarkBasic?

Thanks.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 13:21
Have a look here : http://www.darkbasic.com/newsletter/issue2/ and see the interview with Lee Bamber. There's a basic summary in there somewhere
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 13:49
o_O I didn't know about it either... O_O found it in one of my programming books a while back... small reference... Its not so much US as UK...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:40:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:40:22