Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am new to the forums and wanted to say hi to all of you..
I am also new to DBPro. I just ordered DBPro, and i may have got the wrong one to start with.. I would like to start making a 3d world with plants and animals hills and lakes. can i do this with the DBPro or should i have started with the tree and plant program's first? This is going to be a game in the long run but i am starting out from the ground up lol. Any help on this would be nice. Thanks

Mandread
StevetS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there, welcome!

Depends whether you want to make something that looks really nice or plays really well. There are a lot of packages available for modelling landscapes / views which will look a lot better than anything you could produce in DBPro. However if you want to interact with the landscape this is a reasonable way to go.

You might also want to look at 3d World Studio and Treemajik, though it can get quite expensive if you're looking at buying all the add-ons.

If your emphasis is on creating detailed and complex scenery in a large and complex 3d world you might also find you struggle with processor power / framerates. Look at worlds like Oblivion (v. streamlined programming) - they look amazing but you can't really do a lot with the scenery.

Good luck.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 20:21
I'm not sure if you understand. DBPro is the programming language. The plant programs only make the plants, not the game. You make the plants, and load them in DBpro.

For hills and lakes, try Advanced Terrain. It works good.

-Mansoor Siddiquie

Soroki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 21:07 Edited at: 11th Dec 2006 21:07
Hello there. Welcome to the DarkBASIC community! I like that you want to start 3D, but don't start too big. Many people make the mistake of trying to make a game they don't have the experience to create. Don't worry, it is definetely possible to create virtually anything in DBPro, but it takes time and experience. Try starting small, say maybe a few lengthy text games. From there you can move on to 2D or 3D(your choice) and gradually progress from that point. I havn't been coding very long, but I have just started my first major game project, which is like a combination of Marble Insanity and a maze game.

Once again, welcome, and happy programming! D

Mandread
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thanks for the help i did order the wrong one first oh well, And yes i do want to interact with the landscape so i should have ordered the 3d world Studio or Advanced Terrain first or both i'll pick them up then. Thanks again

Mandread
Mandread
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thanks for the help i did order the wrong one first oh well, And yes i do want to interact with the landscape so i should have ordered the 3d world Studio or Advanced Terrain first or both i\\\'ll pick them up then. Thanks again

Mandread

P.S. I just took a look at Oblivion and wow they did a vary good job on building the land in that game i would love to be able to do that. Looks like i have a lot of work to do befor i get that good.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 13:30:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 13:30:07