Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Torch with flame needed...will post game link to return the favour!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All.

To put the finishing touches to my "Raiders of the Lost Ark" type game, anyone got a link to a wall mounted torch with animated flame? You see this in so many games.

Sorry for asking but if I can get this, I'll put the game up as a free download once its completed to return the favour.

Thanks a lot!
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 12:35 Edited at: 11th Dec 2006 18:03
I did this one some time ago for the mummy's curse,do what you like with it.Add a small fire decal and light to your scene.

There are also a couple of cool torches available at baumgarten.

Look forward to seeing your game!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Spot on mate, thanks a lot!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 17:15
Quote: "There are also a couple of cool torches available at baumgarten.Link below."

You can't use those in your games..... check the license: Re-distribution of these models in their mesh form is strictly prohibited.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 17:22 Edited at: 11th Dec 2006 17:36
I dont think anybody is re-distributing them by using them in a non-commercial game,if he isn't giving them away in mesh form.the model I gave him is one of my own and not from this site.

Quote: "They may also be used in NOT-FOR-PROFIT, online games, where they are not downloadable to the end users computer in a mesh form, although we do ask that you credit Baumgarten Enterprises with the creation of the models used, include a link to our site and contact us with the URL of the finished product. There are no other fees or commissions for this use. Let us help you direct people to your site!"

Could be 'So long as you pack the game it should be o.k.'or as multiplayer.
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
if you are making a game, and someone downloads your game, in FPSC anyways, are you not still distributing the mesh file as a .x? It can still be imported using milkshape that I know of. Just a question.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Not too sure Stamina,I dont know if by packing you can still access the models or not,maybe better to play safe.It should however be o.k. if game is hosted.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 17:49
The statement is vague and can be construed both ways.

If you include the model, you include the mesh. Whether you have it in the open, or zipped, or encrypted, you still distributed the mesh.

Typically, "Re-distribution of these models in their mesh form is strictly prohibited." means you can not distribute the mesh as a mesh, or not part of a model in a game. (the model alone)

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 17:53 Edited at: 11th Dec 2006 18:02
I guess it would be best not to.Personally I have never used any of these models in a game.And as the one I gave him is safe its all o.k.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 19:21
Read the license carefully.... they cannot be used in games without permission.

Quote: "You must contact Baumgarten Enterprises if the models contained here-in will be used....

I) Computer Programs-as is or as a basis for a model in a computer game or simulation or otherwise included in the code in a computer program."

rolfy, read the part you've quoted carefully....

Quote: "They may also be used in NOT-FOR-PROFIT, online games,"

That clearly rules out FPSC, since we don't create online games.

Quote: "where they are not downloadable to the end users computer in a mesh form"

Even if you pack them, they're still downloadable in a mesh form.

Also read the readme.txt that comes with the models:

Quote: "Absolutely no re-distribution of these models or textures, in their original or modified form allowed!"

I do think they're pretty clear what they don't want anyone to use their models for.

They've created them to be used in rendered images and even then there are restrictions.

So read the complete license on their website and readme file enclosed and it becomes clear these models aren't for use in game engines such as FPSC.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
O.k. Ben.Your right,I wouldn;t personally use these,but it was a pretty bad move directing someone else to them,I should have read the license more carefully,I had assumed since they were free models they wouldn't have too many restrictions on them,I will be more careful about this from now on.
Best.
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
what do you mean by packing?
First tell me then call a mod over to lock up the thread...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:42:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:42:19