Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I can't get anything to work :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I'm a complete newbie at DB, and I don't know how anything works. Can I ask for some people to submit some codes of very basic programmes, like how to make a topdown racing game - making a sound player, etc.

:-s
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 20:04 Edited at: 27th Apr 2003 21:34
Try the included tutorials. They are all specific to a particular function, and are fantastic. Very clear, obvious code that teaches you lots, and teaches you quickly.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 22:19
Are you still using the demo? The demo doesnt work completly, because of updates that fix a lot of things with a lot of stuff. And, the demo doesnt have any tutorials.

Do this, go here...

http://www.darkbasic.com

Click on the create tab, & look for their tutorials, they should help you a bit more than I can.

Hope this helps,

blather
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 07:50
If you don't know anything the only way you WILL learn is to work on it yourself. Get the Darkbasic programming guide from premier press it is totally comprenhensive for DB.

"N. foolish talk esp. in great quantity"
Webster's
WarHunterX
Years of Service
User Offline
start out with simple 2d, it may not be as flashy as 3d, but it teaches you programming basics, most newbies (not saying you ) start with 3d, think its too hard, copy and paste, and end up with a exact copy of the tutorial they were learning from, take it step by step, then you shall achieve =)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:32:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:32:40