Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dance of the Hamsters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2006 04:27 Edited at: 15th Dec 2006 03:19
Hello!

I am currently in the process of making a game inspired by a song (Which I hope to get permission to use in my game).

The game title is still a working title as is the story

Storyline
You are the only person that was awake at the time of point zero, the time when the mutated hamster of Dr. Wekners experiment set of his dooms day device that made each and ever human a vegtable. Yes you were awake and was able to resist the devices power, but, all your friends are now walking the streets as carrots, potatoes and brocoli. But thats not then end armies of hamsters have now landed on earth and are setting up camps for the walking vegtables, and taking over the world. [NEEDS MORE WORK] You must fight your way to [???] to enter the machine that will transport you the the place were the mutated hamster of Dr. Wekners experiment commands his army, and slowly take control of the world. What sparked this onslaught? Was it the hamsters dreaded fear of running along the wheel for the rest of eternity? You will find out when you reach the mutated hamster of Dr. Wekners experiment!

Okay so the story sounds pretty crap, but for now thats waht I am working on, and it will develop ober time!

Gameplay
Okay so when you hit the New game button you will instanly be taken to the charater creation screen. It will feature some similar tools to that of RPGs you get to pick between 4 classes (Please note that most of this stuff is basic and I will be creating addons that will have more classes, items etc. Once you have chosen yor class you will get to apply changes to your stats which are

Strentgh
Dexterity
Intelligence

These effect certain aspects in the game. You also get to choose a picture for your charater! Oh and I have got a space for a name!

You are then taken to the Secret-base-that-looks-like-a-??? were JK your computer has all the information you need to start playing! At the top there will be your charater information such as your stats, class, name picture, current inventory (Which there will be a glossary for!) including weapons! Below that there is the world map which is divided into sections. You will be able to see all available missions (Optional and Main) that can or need to be carried out.

Optional - These are missions that don't have to be done, but you can get some information sometimes or a rare interesting item or weapon!

Main- These missions will not dissapear until they have been completed, and you will not progress in the game until they are completed.

At the bottom of the screen you will be able to see the world 'section' stats, which is different for each place that you select this also fluctates. The stats are,

Security – The higher this is the more enemies there will be.
Risk – The higher this is the tougher the enemies will be.
Rewards – The higher this is the more likely you will get rewards.

On the right had side of the screen there is the mission briefing section and the options menu, the latter is self-explanatory. The mission briefing will give you a basic run down on what you have to and can't do, what sort of enemys you will be facing, and the rewards (if any).

After this screen you would have chosen you missiona and began it, the next screen will be the playing screen were you have direct control over you character. This part of the game is yet to be drafted.

This game was originally going to be for the Nvidia compo but due to a lack of good modelling skills I decided agasint it! So here I am making my first big game that I hope will be a success!

Oh I know team requests aren't allowed but if you are good at modelling and would like your name in the credits (And maybe something else too...) then please email me at
tacketh@gmail.com
Any modelling help would appreciated!

Desgin pack includes
* Small game demo that I made to demonstrate the sort of style I wanted and also the multiplayer aspect. Please note that now the style has changed but you can still have fun! Full instructions below
* A document of all the gameplay features that I mentioned here but in a little further detail!

Here is the Charater creation screen

Here is the Game world screen

Here is the in game HUD

Here a two screenshots from my concept game demo (Download below)
Screenie 1

Screenie 2

Enjoy!

Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2006 04:31 Edited at: 12th Dec 2006 04:57
Here is the game draft demo that I promised above!

Instructions:
Player on the left is the hero - controls W A S D (To move)
Player on the right is the hamster - controls upkey downkey rightkey leftkey (To move) - special when the hamster touches the hero he will re-position him somewere on the map.

Game includes
Music
Skybox
collision (Sparkys 2)
textures

Game objective - Each player has to get the five gems that are randomly placed on the map one at a time. You can see how many gems you have by looking in the top left corner of you gaming screen. There is also a timer in the middle of the screen, that is in sync with the music.
Enjoy!

Wait before I upload it, would it be illegal for me to upload the music without permission from the author? If I did would I be banned? If a MOD could answer these questions first then I will upload the game!

Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2006 05:01
And lastly here is the game design information in more detail!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 09:37 Edited at: 13th Dec 2006 09:40
on behalf of all Australian db users I would like to apologize for this thread

sorry dude, your game sounds great in theory, but you need to do a little more work and make screen shots that aren't just drawn in paint. A+ for concept and actually planning your game

Syndicate remastered: Corporate persuasion through urban violence.
Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 10:03 Edited at: 13th Dec 2006 10:04
I take o offense Wigget! I know its kind of etchy! But I have made a few models for some of the levels, and I am starting my final desgin fot the engine!

@all:
Sorry if my information isn't enough I will be uploading that demo shortly (Just have to get it off the USB stick!) I will leave the music, but if I get told off then I will take it out!
Thanks wigget!

[EDIT] Oh sorry those pictures are done in MS paint, but they are only concept art! [EDIT]

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 04:27
No, actually, this looks amazing. You have everything SO organized, I have no idea how this project will ever stop, or fall.

Dang, I don't start out like this, I bust out my average graphics without designing one bit and and just make evrything sloppy

This is a nice approach, can't wait for the real stuff though.

But yeah, this can definetly stay. I've seen multiple threads that weren't locked because they gave concept art as screenshots. So, lets let him be and wait for some real screenies

-Mansoor Siddiquie

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 05:07
@Xenocythe: Your always too nice about things, lol. My opinion: As of right now, I don't know, it could be a decent game, but I can't tell from the concept shots. I think you should try and get some actual shots before posting to get better feedback .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 05:11
Thanks Xenocythe. That was some nice feedback!

Heres the game concept demo that I promised!
I took out the music so I don't break any rules!
Its a RAR file!
Enjoy!

Attachments

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 05:15
Its a nice, start, I like the idea of the game. I attatched a zip with two jpg screenies.

-Mansoor Siddiquie

Attachments

Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 06:36
Thanks Xenocythe! Thats really helpful! But that was an original design without a proper HUD! I will get an update soon!
Hopefully tomorrow!
I am also getting my engone constructed at the moment!
And I am getting my models done, I already have a few, I'll post osme screenies soon!

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 21:53
Can't wait- and you should download those screenies, upload them to something like photobucket, and use the image [img] [/img] tags to put the real screenshots in the first post

-Mansoor Siddiquie

Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 02:51
Will do that!

I have made a list of the weapons with all the details I need for the game (variables) I am doing some concept art on them now!

I have the game engine shell ready for me to start constructing the game! I have a few ideas on the way its going to be played out!

I will be back shortly with more information! (Everything is on my computer which isn't connected to the internet!)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:41:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:41:44