Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Question about how to apply the alpha channel texture to character models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Gents,

can anybody help me out with the alpha channel texture that is used for *some* of the FPSC character models (not all of them have it), and also for most of the stock wall segments as well.
I've done some investigation, and found out that the stock character models for instance actually consist in 2 separate objects.
The first one if of course the character's mesh, which has the main texture applied to it, and the second object is in fact just a triangle, to which the alpha texture is applied.
Now the question is:

1) what are the specific settings required to create the alpha channel texture? (it looks like an inversed version of the main texture, however with a bluish tone?)

2) what is the exact method to apply the alpha channel texture to the mesh, so as to achieve the desired 3D-depth result? Is it necessary to create the triangle object and put it inside the mesh?

Your invaluable input will definitely help me in creating better-looking models for the FPSC community.
Cheers,

Caleb

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:33:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:33:53