Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Texturing question for metaseuoia

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 03:28
How do you texture models in Metasequoia? When I click on the paint button the paint pannel pops up and says, "No mapping in current material"

Help please

Tiggle Bitties

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 08:30 Edited at: 13th Dec 2006 08:37
its a better idea to get LithUnwrap or UV mapper clasic to texture your model instead of texturing in metasequoia. Finish your model first then import it to your chosen software. there is a tutorial on how to use UV mapper classic here.

also do a search before asking a question.. the search is at the bottom of the page

gw:tyrano man-lvl 20 E/Mo
tyrano man kill-Lvl 8 W/Mo
rs:tyrano man 2-lvl 68
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 16:00
Thank you Tyrano. I didn't know to texture in a different software. I searched but didn't find anything about texturing IN METASEQUOIA. But I did search. Thank you though.

Tiggle Bitties

WuTang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 17:37
Hurahh someone else has the same problem as me lol ye ive also had this prob (as Ive Said) although texturing it in diffetent software dosnt work unless the model is uv co ordinated such as this ... http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=94582&b=24

The models need to be prepared for external uv mapping HELP !!

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 00:00
I remember seeing this post. But I can't help, I just started Metasequoia yesterday. actually 3d modeling period.

Tiggle Bitties

Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 03:57
Yea, to texture save as an obj use the uv mapping tutorial. Get the gimp and use it to texture using the uv map as your background. Then import the model into metosequia(or haowever you spell it) then apply a material to it assign the texture and see if you dont like it then correct it in gimp.

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 04:11 Edited at: 14th Dec 2006 04:45
Oh, thanks cut scenes. The gimp is totally awesome. It is surprising that it is free, especially for how good it is.

[EDIT] Problem. Metasequoia doesn't save as .obj. What do I do. Is there any .x to .obj converters. I'm sure this is a simple search question but you, know whatever.

Tiggle Bitties

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:37:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:37:07