Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How do I make custom envoronments?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to this program, but have an idea for a FPS taking place inside of a grocery store. I used to work in one, and want to make a game for some of my ex co workers.. cathardic. lol. Anyhow, can someone tell me how i might go about doing this i.e. what i need and the steps i need to take?
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
Im sure using custom models and textures woudl make this possible.
magicFPS allows you to easily create a multi-texture box and re-size it to fit your needs. e.g a freezer, fridge, counter etc alot of boxes within a shop.
But for more complex items like the cash register, a 3D modelling programme is needed, e.g milkshape. Doing this can be quite hard, but with some experience your FPSC grocery store can become a reality. lol

When I step into this library, I cannot understand why I ever step out of it.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 00:03
robocrap,
Dude you gotta start reading and useing the search engine. Your bumping all kinds of threads down and to the next page with crap you should be looking up. The only guys that are going to answer these, for the most part, are new guys doing the same thing as you. Phil has a horrible problem with these kinds of threads and bumping stuff thats 5 months old. Not your best source of information...Please?....Use the search engine Lee provided at the bottom of the page. Read every sticky in every FPSC section. Once members see your trying, you'll get alot better info. When members see a question that hasn't been answered a billion times, you'll see see um all chime in like clock bells.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 02:39
Quote: "The only guys that are going to answer these, are new guys doing the same thing as you. "

not me.

robocrap, please start searching and stop spamming tgc's forums.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
robocrap
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the feedback guys. Locrian, I see what you mean. I actually just got the segment editor, which i think will wokk great. But, yeah, i see your point. I figured out how to use my 3DS MAX models too, which is nice, but the entity maker is a bit triky still, but the segment editor should be no problem for making this happen.
zechariah
Years of Service
User Offline
Robo, I can help you with some of this. I know how it feels to be just starting out. Get my email from profile and send me a message.

Zech
robocrap
Years of Service
User Offline
I just bought FPSMAGIC 2, so i think it should get me some cool results, but I would like some advice on how to import my own 3DS MAX models into FPS CREATOR. I added the FPSC biped animation to my model, and exported it to .X using the panda exporter, but all i get is a notepad file with the .x extension.... how do I get the animated model into FPS creator? Could you help me out? I'd greatly appreciate any advice you can give me. And thnk you very much for the advice in advance.

ROBO
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Phil has a horrible problem with these kinds of threads and bumping stuff thats 5 months old"

What is your probelm? So I tried to help him out big deal. I usally never go past the 2nd page so 5 months old I doubt it.
Maybe if you got of that high horse of yours and stop this TGC forum crusade maybe you could wise up?
There was no need to have a jab at me in your post.

When I step into this library, I cannot understand why I ever step out of it.
zechariah
Years of Service
User Offline
Robo, I fixed the hotmail issues. You can now send your email.

Zech

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:38:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:38:03