Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / a few questions/problems with text and animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

Me and 2 of my friends decided we want to try making some games, so i'm currently trying to learn 3d modelling and also DarkBASIC pro, and i've been using darkbasic for about 4 days or so now. For some reason the text and print commands won't show up, and also i can't get animations to work. Above is part of my code which i'm having the problems with and if you see anything else i can correct please let me know. And also, if anyone can direct me to a decent tutorial on making a basic 3d game it will be appreciated.

Thanks
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 13:46
To start with, try adding the line

Sync On: Sync Rate 60

at the start of your program.

Secondly, move the Text line to after the Sync inside the main loop.

TDK_Man

Barbarian
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, thanks, i've got sync on, sync rate, color backdrop, backdrop on, hide mouse and all that stuff at the beginning, i just posted the part that i might have a problem with.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 05:10 Edited at: 16th Dec 2006 05:12
If you can, post your whole code for us to see, because often times, it's something in a different area that is interfering with something in another area .

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like you posted most of it, I just saw that it started with a GOSUB statement and figured it only had a small gosub posted . I'll take a look at it. One thing that I try to do when something like that doesn't work is take it step by step. First try just getting text on the screen without a model, then try doing it with a cube, then try with your object. Work your way narrowing down till you find the bug that way .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Barbarian
Years of Service
User Offline
i have another question, but it's linking to another game. I want to try making an SSB kind of game (super smash bros) and i can't figure out how to make the platforms. I tried making it before and it was sort of glitchy as your sprite could go right through the platform if you ran into it from the side. And also, i can't post my code since i accidently deleted it, so i'm really just looking for any suggestions or pseudocode i can use.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 13:28:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 13:28:14