Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / 3DS MAX exported model FLOATING IN THE AIR in FPSC... HELP!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
WHat am i doing wrong? I have figured out how to use the entity maker, but when i put the model into FPSC (regardless of whatever action i have it take) it floats in the air instead of moving like a normal charadcter! I rigged it with the biped file used for all characters, exported to .x imported into FPSC/entitybank/user.... it looks okay in the game editor mode.. but when i run the test game, it's floating, and if i give it a weapon it'll shoot me with it, while floating in the air like a statue! Aghhhh!

I tried googling, but I have no idea. I'm just starting out so if you can help me please do, but at least try to give me a chance before claiming that im spamming because I'm trying to learn just like you pros were at one point.

Thqanks in advance, I really want to learn this stuff so i dont have to bother you all.
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 15:04
Press "return" or "enter" when u have it in your editor. This makes it so that it is on ground level. If you want it to be like this the normal way. It has to be on the x axis in the model editor.

Hope this helps!

JM

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff

btw i asked rich to change my name from Supah Gamer so dont mix!
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 15:10
Quote: "Press "return" or "enter" when u have it in your editor. This makes it so that it is on ground level. "

Quote: "it looks okay in the game editor mode.. but when i run the test game, it's floating"

Well thats not going to help!

But johannes is right, its an export problem, either the model is not on the x axis in the editor, OR you are scaling the model too much in the FPE.

robocrap
Years of Service
User Offline
when i use the entity makers default scale of 100, my model is the size of godzilla in fpsc... what should i do differently in max to make the model smaller?
Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 00:40
Hmm... Scale it?

"Now handle your emerald sword!"
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 00:48
robocrap,
Ive answered this somewhere but I belive its in individual threads. But heres some pointers

segments= 100pixils by 100pixils
100 pixils= 8'4"
convert items you know the appoximate size of as comparison.

Heres the mock up I use to make items which shows me segment width height and depth. This was the image I used to show in a thread asking a similar question.
robocrap
Years of Service
User Offline
i scaled the model, but.. now ive encountered a new obstacle... when i import it into fpsc, i grab it from my entity/user bank.. and when i place it on the map... the green DYNAMIC light around ht emodel seems to have a radius greater than the entire level! What on earth am i doing wrong this time?! lol.

I just want to model a character in max, rig it with the fpsc biped, export it to an .x document.. and somehow make it run in fpsc, fully capable of moving! Goodness, this is harder than i thought.

Anyone have any ideas what i'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.. i am getting closer to my goal, but it's filled with occasional obstacles..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:28:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:28:57