Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Copyright Texture?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 23:04
I'm making a vending machine and want to place a coca-cola logo on the front, at first i thought that would be copyright but then saw jon fletcher's vending machine in corepack vol 1, and saw that he had a coca-cola design on it. Did he have some sort of permission, or is it just acceptable?

Thanks

so what's the job?
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 23:34
No....if you look at the M6 thread(they used the Glock logo), you'll see Errant and I both brought this up to their attention, and that they are changing any (c) names to deal with this. It boils down to just being missed not only by the TGC staff but thank goodness by anyone with a relative in the Coca cola bottling company. Theres still a chance TGC could be sued for this and have to prove to Coke(colt/desert eagle/etc) how many units they sold and pay up accordingly.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 10:50
so you're saying that there's a small chance of getting caught, but it's best to just change the name to something like croca-cola, or is there a certain amount you have to change the logo to use it?
thanks for that anyway

so what's the job?
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 12:40 Edited at: 17th Dec 2006 12:41
there is a small chance of some retard trying to sue you...

hint: Listen to weird al yancovic's "I'll sue ya!"

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff

btw i asked rich to change my name from Supah Gamer so dont mix!
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 13:01
I just dont think there's any point risking anything to do with corparate logos... If I were you, make your own texture, but call the product Rola Rola... Use this font: http://www.dafont.com/loki-cola.font

Tip: To install fonts, drag the .TTF file from the zip into "My Documents" then open up control panel. Drag the TTF into the fonts folder.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 23:42
thanks, a good chance to improve my texturing skils aswell

so what's the job?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:19 Edited at: 18th Dec 2006 00:19
When you sell a few million copies of your game, maybe they will pay you to put their name back on the machine. Till then, better safe than sorry.

There is, of course, a very, very small chance that someone affiliated with Coca Cola would ever see the thing, never mind care about it. But what if your game sold a few hundred copies and by chance, turned out to be offensive to a certain group and the news picked it up. Imagine the news story with a clip of your offensive game play and in the middle of it all, a Coke machine.

Stranger things have happened.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:19
Quite apart from any legal issues which simply put, broadly speaking as anything thats created by someone else is copyright -To protect the interests of TGC. Here at these forums anything that may potentially infringe on any copyrights as adjudged by the Moderators will not be allowed to stand and will be dealt with accordingly.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 01:09
Thanks both of you, that answers my question fully. Hopefully many people will think back to this thread when asking this question.

so anyway, thanks for everyone's posts, i might stay in the legal boundries for now?

so what's the job?
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 01:59
a while ago, i made a small texture alteration for those who may be concerned of copyright issues for the vending machine and Dr. Pepper can in my first pack, those who have the pack can download the textures to replace the original ones.

if anybody would like to find these textures, go onto my profile, view my threads and find the CorePak Vol. 1 Texture Fix thread

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 10:01
Nice one Jon, I'll probably download that pack now, I was too anxious of those copyright textures before.

I say thanks for the info on the behalf of most of us

so what's the job?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:40:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:40:38