Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Model Question (take it easy, im a forum noob)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 01:41 Edited at: 17th Dec 2006 13:22
Well, for starters, i'm a forum noob, not an 3D Studio Max noob. I'm acually quite good.

I was wondering, if i put up some of my models say a gun pack of like 10 guns, would anyone buy it, and how much?

Thanks, and sorry if i posted in the wrong area,
Pat

-------------------------------------------------------------

3D Studio MAX Modeler
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 03:36
Well, since you post no screen shots(and I mean screen shots not perspective shots from Max. We all tire of models being posted that never make it to FPSC) I would have to say "No". TGC has 2 packs of recent, M5, and the showing of M6. There's also a forum member pack to compete with soon, and you may want to look up EAI or Errant's thread to see if your work is in comparison. Both the M6 pack, Errant's pack (and IMO the better of the two) are as good as any models in any current made game. You may want to look around the forums for yourself for these items.

But as it stands...with no proof of your work wile asking this question, the answer would have to be ....no. The price for most FPSC related packs is $19.99 or something. Not that I care much about spelling, but I usually find people/companies that misspell words like modeler(the word modeller always in association with homology or comparative modeling of protein, and never for the arts), and shows no image of any currant or past work aren't going to be worth buying.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 03:47
(My present from TGC is to be turned back into a normal member, not a noob on a chain)

If you say your quite good, you could in fact be really bad. Show us some screen shots of your models like Locrian said. But I dougt any one will buy it, seeming we have three gun packs out, and coming out, to buy. Your new here, so we dont know what you can do.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 10:28
@PatOZ14- If you wanted to make smething benificial for the community I would recommend a character pack of some sorts. Here area f ew ideas that people want:

1) sci fi creature pack
2) general monsters
3) large boss / goon pack
5) more civilian packs

Regards,
RF

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 12:44 Edited at: 17th Dec 2006 12:45
Civilians would be nice eh?

If you dont give screenshots, i'm afraid your purchase o' meter will be at a 0. If you show us screenshots and they are interesting to some forum members, then I dont see why not buy it. Then you will propably get purchases but we need to judge the questions on what your models look like first.

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff

btw i asked rich to change my name from Supah Gamer so dont mix!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 13:24
I fixed your post.
Please don't use the center function.
Read the stickies for instructions on posting models.
And take the advice of those that have given it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 00:32:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 00:32:50