Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / In search of some advice..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm planning on making a 3d game, similar to super smash brothers except that it has a 3d map too, so it's basically a tekken cross fps kind of game. I have a good understanding of arrays, variables, if then else statements, most of the different kinds of loops, etc.

I just want to know if this kind of game is easy to make or not, or at least makeable, cause i don't want to be halfway through making it and realise that i don't have the experience to complete it.

Thanks
Trinita
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 12:08
Take the DbPro Fps example (find it in the Help/tutorials folder); if you understand it completely than you can create your game. But remember it's gonna be tought! You'll have to build the 3d models, animations, sounds ect..

If this is your first project than maybe start with something simpler than this, a pong style game or whatever.

Good luck!!

"An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind."
Barbarian
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, i've made a couple other little arcade games (pong, a galaga kind of thing, breakout), and i'll have a look at the fps example tomorrow morning (12am here now).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:27:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:27:44