Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Game progress!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 09:35
Finally i have made some game progress.
This is going to be an online roleplaying game.

There will be 5 races to chose from, and 5 classes. (so far maybe more will come.)

My favorite race is the "half-giant".

There will also be 10 skills to each class, as well as about 50 misc
skills, that they all can choose from.
You will also be able to ride and fight on horseback.

Right now i'm working on the world map and the inventory.
More can be seen on my website, as soon as i am finished with it.

i like horror games just as much as i like food!
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 14:15 Edited at: 19th Dec 2006 14:16
baaadddd move mate lol

Im afraid were gonna need some screenies and or a demo otherwise im pretty certain this will get locked. You should have read the stickys at the top of the page.

never the less please dont flame him anyboady who is about to lol.

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 15:50 Edited at: 19th Dec 2006 15:51
i know it might be fun to tell people you're making a game but what comments do you expect when you dont even post screenshots? i doubt you were hoping for an "exelent job! keep it up" because there are no screenshots..

remember that next time , never post without screenies..

i like furry jesus and sódóma just more than anything else..
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 15:51
'horror expert'... you're funny.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 17:21
Quote: "My favorite race is the "half-giant"."

Very modest...

http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 22:13
sounds like something written in my textbook, what was that? oh yeah, haha! seriously what lucifer said. get screens.

Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 22:35
And what's the name of this awesome game?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 04:54
Quote: "sounds like something written in my textbook, what was that? oh yeah, haha! seriously what lucifer said. get screens."

You know you've seen a changed forum member when someone who is telling someone to do something they didn't do only a few months earlier (which is a good thing ). Yeah, anyways, get some screens . I know your ambitious, but be reasonable too.

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 06:33
My opinion - for what it's worth lol - is that there should be just one single rule you must adhere to before posting on the WIP board:

You must supply a link for others to download a demo of what you've done so far.

I don't personally regard any project of mine as a WIP unless I've actually started coding something.

I know the current requirements are just for screenshots, but everyone has at least got MS Paint and can knock something together in five minutes to accompany an idea that most likely will never get off the ground.

How many times have we seen naff MS Paint screens people have claimed are loading screens or menu screens when they probably don't have a single line of code?

TDK_Man

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 12:29
TDK, I disagree. Let the requirements as they are now - it's good to have reactions on models, story, concept and graphics before starting to code (or with little code). I could see why one would refrain from uploading a demo of a very early stage of development.

To "the horror expert": It all sounds nice. Do not take the comments too personal, but do take them seriously. Show us at least some signs of progress - how do you expect us to react other than incredulous?

tha_rami - the best way to predict the future is to invent it
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 05:41
I agree wit the_rami on this one.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 06:18 Edited at: 21st Dec 2006 06:20
Quote: "Show us at least some signs of progress - how do you expect us to react other than incredulous?"

That's exactly the point I was making!

I'm not suggesting that what I said should be done - it was just my take on the subject. I didn't expect many people would agree with me either to be honest.

I just find it silly that anyone can make a WIP about a game that may not even have been started, make wild claims about what the game is going to have in it, and just show (or in many cases not show) a couple of pics that weren't even taken from the game supposedly 'in progress'.

No disrespect to The horror expert, but although he may finish it one day (and I hope he does), at the moment it is nothing more than an 'idea' - not a work in progress and all I'm really saying is that people should hold back from posting here until they really have something for us to comment on.

Without a specific board for it, ideas should really be sounded out on the Geek Culture board.

TDK_Man

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 20:55 Edited at: 21st Dec 2006 20:56
Quote: "I just find it silly that anyone can make a WIP about a game that may not even have been started, make wild claims about what the game is going to have in it, and just show (or in many cases not show) a couple of pics that weren't even taken from the game supposedly 'in progress'."

There I fully agree with you. Working code or compiled versions of the code, however, is something I wouldn't post unless I was done with it, and had released it as beta or completed project.

Yeah, there should really be a board for idea's.

tha_rami - the best way to predict the future is to invent it
Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 09:11
I think it's called Game Design theory.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:34:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:34:01