Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making models for DB Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. I was just wondering if you could tell how to make 3D models for the game I am making for the Dev Competition in DB Pro. I used 3D GameStudio MED and already made some objects but I want to know if there is a way to export them to be used by DarkBasic Pro. Because I exported some models into a 3DS file and when I loaded them they where invisible. They were loaded and there was no problem but they didn't appear at all, but the camera can follow them. Or if you can tell me of other free program to make 3D models for DB Pro. I was thinking of Blender but I cannot figure how to export them to be used in DB Pro. Thanks for your help.

PS: I uploaded the models I tried so you can see them.

Have a nice day

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cave Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 23:05
Quote: "I was thinking of Blender but I cannot figure how to export them to be used in DB Pro"

Go to this thread.
Charlie
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh thank you so much. Well, do you know how to use 3D GameStudio MED models into DBPro, since I am better in that program. If it is not possible, I'll learn Blender. Thanks again

Have a nice day
Cave Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 23:35
Quote: "do you know how to use 3D GameStudio MED models into DBPro"

I don't have that. I don't know anything aboutt it. But if it's made by TGC, then it should be able to. Maybe someone else knows.
tatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 08:44
I have 3d gamestudio myself and no you cannot use med models in DBPro. I've looked and never found any exporters that would convert them.
However you can get and use deled which exports to .x and works very well, Also deled is both a world editor and model editor in one. Not very hard to use once you get the hand of it. not to mention the lite version is free.

WindowsXP/SP2, Pentium 4 2.66 GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Geforce 6600 256MB
Charlie
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh thank you so much. I one time though you could use MED for models for DBPro since it can make 3DS files. Thanks for the info, since I was also looking for a model creator but was looking for a free one before trying to buy one. Thanks.

Have a nice day
Charlie
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to double post, but I forgot to say. If you were wondering about that MED here is:

www.3dgamestudio.com

It is part of 3D Game Studio game making pack. It is a really good program, although the world editor is kinda strange. You can program with C Script in it, so you can make very proffessional games.

Have a nice day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:28:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:28:51