Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Cut Scenes\Opening Movie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know about a FREE, EASY to use cut scene maker, something were you don't need to know scripting or have years of experience to use?
Wolfie001
Years of Service
User Offline
***Pojo226 and I are working togeather on a FPS***

Actually, any (well, yes, free and easy to use w/o programming xp) animation program is fine. If the program has some pre-built models that's cool, too. We'd like to be able to make our own models also. Thanks very much.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 09:37
No, no and no again!

When are people going to learn that making movies takes three things:

TIME?
EFFORT?
IMAGINATION?

I've been making movies since i was 12 and i can tell you now its hard. Even after all these (3) years, i still haven't seen a program that allows the user to take a "Press the build cut-scene button and it'll build it while i drink coffee" approach.

You people expect everything to be free and easy-to-use. Why not invest in learning from some tutorials. I don't know if it'll help but this is my tutorial on how to make a cut-scene in FPSC:
http://www.freewebs.com/tannerproductions/tutorialmachinima.htm

And this is my one on making 3D cut-scenes:
http://www.freewebs.com/tannerproductions/tutorial3dcutscenes.htm

You don't get something for nothing and the sooner you realise that, the better.

AE

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 10:56 Edited at: 21st Dec 2006 11:03
Quote: "When are people going to learn that making movies takes three things:

TIME?
EFFORT?
IMAGINATION?"

A good video editor would help I would imagine......
Personally I like Adobe Premiere but Sony's Vegas would be another favorite...

XP comes with a media editor good practice but do not expect to learn to much there.... especially with the limited transitions they have....

-------------------Since we are on cut scene subject----------------

I know that FPSC allows AVI files but does anybody know the best codec to use... Simply because a 1 minute clip uncompressed video can cost you alot of hd space and if your using multiple video files this can become a problem for most....

Ive been using Cinepack Codec by Radius, I would prefer to use something better like Divx5 only problem with that is there are alot of people out there that does not have divx5 and that codec isnt free....

@AE - Those are great links.... But AE do you think anybody asking for a cutscene creator is going to take the time to model his cutscene animate it then run it though the editors... Odd's are once the game is built there gonna play the game frap's it pull out some good clips from there demo maybe use some images they photoshoped and turn those into cutscenes... great shortcut but I know it cheapens the game especially when it comes to story telling....

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 12:24
A machinima can work out nicely. Just as long as you've got the "directors" imagination. Multi-player matches are a good place to record a machinima. You should check out the one over at www.whatisfear.com
Some great directing skills and it's hilarious.

But if you want proper cut scenes, you'll need to learn. Learn or get help from a third party.

Whatever you do, good luck

Would you kindly look away from the screen when you're in my presence?

visit www.gameshell.tk
Wolfie001
Years of Service
User Offline
@Avenging Eagle :: let's not get haughty, okay? Please don't attack us for asking an innocent question -- I've been doing animation since I was 10 years old and I've also had 3 years of experience with animating. I've used a lot of software in my day, too. I didn't ask for a "click once and volia!" program, I asked for something you don't need to learn A WHOLE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE and is FREE. I've worked with stuff life Flash and Gmax and all -- that requires little programming but a whole new language. AND if I expected everything to be free and easy to use, why would I be asking this question. Otherwise though, I found your links helpful, so thank you for them.

TIME? I have 5 hours of free time a day! That's why I'm making a game
EFFORT? Yo soy es muy trabajador (hard-worker).
IMAGINATION? I can make a rainbow with my hands!

@CLiPs :: thanks for the advice -- useful

@Pus In Boots :: same as above but we really don't want 3rd parties involved [and you should consider a different avatar -- something with a cat, prehaps ]

@everyone :: thanks for everything but Pojo226 and I haven't found a program we liked yet. Could anyone offer more suggestions?
Pojo226
Years of Service
User Offline
You attacked us so i'll do the same for you:
Ok AE, when did we say that movie making didn't take:

"TIME?
EFFORT?
IMAGINATION?"

But, of corse for you :"I've been making movies since i was 12 and i can tell you now its hard. Even after all these (3) years, i still haven't seen a program that allows the user to take a "Press the build cut-scene button and it'll build it while i drink coffee" approach."

It's not our fault we have a life instead of sitting on a pc all day since we were 12 working on making movies, GET A LIFE
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 00:18
Isn't this one of those questions that have been asked a lot?
Yes.
Since you were too lazy to use the search function I think I will be too lazy to even give you guys a t-shirt.
BTW AE is an award-winning movie maker so he probably knows what he is talking about.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:34:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:34:38