Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Character help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been developing this model for an upcoming game, created by myself and 'Pus in Boots' (Thomas Oakley). The attached JPEG is a render of the DeathBot in it's current form (please note that it is not complete).

I was just wondering how I should go about his weapons. Is it possible to build his weapon into the model itself, or does it have to be an external model? Cos I was thinking of making him a flying bot with a gun attached to the bottom of it's body.

Can anybody help me out? Thanks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 15:25
you can build the weapons into the model, butyou need to add a firespot to the point where the bullets/lasers come out of. Then you give him a gun in the editor, but its best to make a small cube/polygon as his weapon so you dont see it.

Unreal Graphics
Years of Service
User Offline
OK thanks!
One thing though, how do you create a firespot?

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 00:10
I think you do that when you are animating it, set one of the bones' names to "FIRESPOT".

If i'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:40:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:40:38