Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Affordable Model Creation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am just wondering if there is an affordable way to make models compatible with FPSC. I have a fairly average job, and got this program as a Christmas gift from a friend because he knows that I am into programming.
I just got FPSC about three days ago in the mail. I am still waiting for model packs 2,3,4, and 5, but I didn't want that to stop me from making something cool before they arrived (another week or two). So I have been searching Google, MetaCrawler, and this forum searching for ways to create models.
Anim8tor looked promising at first (free), but then I realized that to convert .3ds files to .x files you need DB Pro which costs upwards of $144 a year (and $600 upfront).
3dsmax costs around $3500.
Any other tools I have seen are well over $4000.

So, back to my question. Is there any way to create a model that will work with FPSC without paying thousands of dollars? All of those $3000 programs include tons of features that I don't really need. I am just guessing that there has to be a stripped down program with just basic model functions for cheap out there somewhere.
Anim8tor I could work with, if it wasn't for needing DB Pro to convert the files. Is there another way to convert them without that program?
Is everyone here that makes models rich or do they know something I dont?
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 23:24
Quote: " I realized that to convert .3ds files to .x files you need DB Pro which costs upwards of $144 a year (and $600 upfront)."

no, search for DB Converter, it's around here somewhere, and it's free.

milkshape is also pretty good, but unlike anim8or, it isn't free ($25)

welcome to the forums!

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
Slayer706
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "welcome to the forums!"

Thank you.
I searched for DB Converter in the forum search, and all that comes up is a topic in 3D Chat called "WHAT DB CONVERTER!" and it was relatively useless. Then I searched Google, and the first two pages are filled with something called "DB Converter." However, I read the description for that product and it says it converts Access files into MySQL. Is that the right file (doesn't seem like it, MySQL and Access files have to do with databases)? If not, could someone provide a link? I searched for it before I posted, and now I have searched for it again with no results.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2006 00:41
milkshape 3d

Once again you've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!
Brians 8ball
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2006 01:54 Edited at: 24th Dec 2006 06:41
3d max, its like 3ds max, only, it's free...i used it for modding command and counquer, it's quiet useful

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2006 03:43
DB Converter

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
Slayer706
Years of Service
User Offline
Doh!
I had just found it and downloaded it when I saw your post. Thanks for your help though. I had to type "DBConv.exe .x .3ds" into Google just to find usable results.

I guess I can try my hand at making models now .
mizha french
Years of Service
User Offline
fragmotion 15$

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:40:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:40:25