Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Texturing questions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well now that I made my first model that works in FPSC, I need to texture it. I am using Anim8tor. I saw a tutorial, but it only explained how to texture an entire object using the same texture. My problem is that my model needs seperate colors on each little part.
I can't figure out how to give different parts different colors. I use a *.jpg on the UV mapper (like what the guy did in the tutorial), but I can't move the texture around the model in any way.
Anyone with Anim8tor experience care to give any tips on texturing?
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 06:01
Quote: "The "official" Anim8or chat room is: #anim8or on irc.slashnet.org It's run by Tyson Collins. Some of the more active forum contributors hang out there so check it out!"

This on the other hand is the official FPSC site. Please do not bump a FPSC model or piece of media, for a matter that can better be asked else where. These forums are not for the support of every possible graphics program that could possibly be used.

When your having problems getting a textured model in FPSC or you have one to show us feel free to post, we would love to see it. Untill then it really isn't a concern of FPSC.

(Notice how I waited till after 12pm in the spirt of the Holidays....I'm such a teddy bear....)
Slayer706
Years of Service
User Offline
Since I am a new user, my posts/threads are reviewed by a moderator before being accepted. Obviously one of them felt that the question asked was "on topic." Otherwise, you wouldn't have read it.
I didn't see the information about the chat room on the main website. Even if I had, however, it would not have mattered because I do not have IRC (or plan on getting it due to security reasons). Even then I doubt that anyone would be in an Anim8tor chatroom at ten o'clock on Christmas Day.
I did a forum search before I asked my question. Many people have asked questions relating to specific model creating tools (milkshape, blender, anim8tor, etc.) in the past without getting chewed out by another poster.
So I disagree with you. The above statements should be proof enough for any non-badge wearing forum police officer to not convict me of off-topic thread making. I rest my case....
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 07:13
Actually if you have a question about anim8or you should try the anim8or forums or someplace with support for the program.
There is also a 3D Chat forum here at TGC where you might post this question but I would search for the answer as well.
Locrian is right.This really isn't the place to post questions like these.
I don't use anim8or so I can't help you but if you use the Google search bar at the bottom of the page or whatever search engine you like and type in something like anim8or texture tutorial
or something like that you will get your answer.
I am guessing that sometime after the beginning of the year that the FPSC forums are going to get some cleaning after we get most of the newcomers settled in.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:37:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:37:54