Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Ozark Games WWII Pack#1: Holiday Sale.....$4.95

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 05:33 Edited at: 28th Dec 2006 18:37
I thought I may as well run a mini-sale for the holidays. So from now, till January 5th (Midnight); Ozark Games WWII Pack #1 is on Sale for $4.95 (normally $8.95). If you've been eyeballing the Pack, then now's a good time to grab it.

This Pack installs itself, so you can start using the media right away. You also have instant access to your download; no waiting for a link. The UV Maps are also available as a separate (free) download, which you can access at any time from the advert page. You can then re-texture them to your liking. The .3DS files are included in the download.

To go straight to the store page, click here.

To see the full advertising spread, click here (Note: the sale price is only advertised on the store page).

Happy Holidays everybody.

-Keith

Use the UV Maps to re-texture your models to your liking:

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 06:30
Keith, i must ask, i know you may shoot my idea down, but here goes.

Can you send me all the textures of the models in this pack, i have a bad hankoring to make them darker, and do some retextures, its totally cool if you dont want to, i just want to, maybe help some sales for you

* no i dont need the models also* just the textures

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 07:38
I would suggest that anyone that wants some cool models to buy this pack.
Great pack ....

MY FPSC FILES
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 13:23
Looks nice, but I don't want it

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 17:00
@Bloodeath; I'll send you the textures and the models, for a paltry $4.95.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 18:10
well ill end up buying it soon anyways, so its a deal and once im done ill send you the retextures for a paltry...free. lol

Death has no end
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 18:41
I'd be interested to see what you could do with the re-texturing, Bloodeath.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 18:57
...And here we go with the random screenshots.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 02:29
Another one.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 02:53
And the model pack has some cool stop signs.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 04:23
I highly reccomend this pack guys!

Though Keith - it seems that you're trying to live off this thing

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 07:20
Airslide, you must be unaware of Michigans economy.....With the auto plants leavin this is it. So feed Keith people, his family thanks you
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 13:33
Quote: "Though Keith - it seems that you're trying to live off this thing"

LOL! I really need to make another model pack.

Quote: "you must be unaware of Michigans economy"

Yep; I think we're officially last as far as high unemployment now (passing Alaska). I know I'm currently looking for a "real world" job right now, unless I suddenly find the time to make the dozen or so model packs I have planned. Then there's our first commercial game.....
So, dreaming aside, I'm afraid it's time to rejoin the work force somewhere. Of course, I suppose the Army's always hiring.

Seriously though, thanks for all the support everybody; I really appreciate it.

-Keith

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 14:01
Well keith if you ever need any help with texturing or anything shoot me an email and ill do it for free. only because i love you. totally hetrosexual tho. but joking aside, seriously if you need help ill help for free, mainly because i need better textureing skill

Death has no end
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 16:07
You should try downloading some of my free stuff, and re-texture them. See what you can come up with.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 17:51
Quote: "Of course, I suppose the Army's always hiring."

I thought you just got out of the army and you weren't a real big fan of the current vacation package they have available.
I hear it's never boring.
My understanding is that Michigan has a very high military recruting rate because it is difficult to get a job doing anything else.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 18:04
Well I've got 2 College Degrees and 9 years in the Army to fall back on; I should be able to find something around here. The trouble is, is that I live in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan, which is a bit worse off then the rest of the State as far as job seeking. Of course, one of these days I'd like to be making enough right from this computer of mine....but currently, I need to be realistic.

-Keith

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 17:24
Outta curiosity, what do you have planned next Keith? Personally I think you should have a shot at modeling a weapon, I think you could come up with something good. If you can't animate it, I can help you there Also, how are sales doing on the pack?

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 17:34
Altogether I've pulled in a decent amount of money (from the start of sales); recently it's started to taper off, which is normal for a single pack of this type. I still get one or two purchases now and then, including the Torque users.

I have several ideas for a Pack, including the second WWII Pack (which would more than likely include some animated items). I'm constantly looking at what's coming down the line from other artists around here, as well as what people request. The biggest thing for me is finding the time to make one. I've also started to think about doing some high-poly work for sale at Turbosquid and other art asset vendors.

As far as weapon packs go, I think most modern weapons have been covered, and I don't wish to spend time on a redundant pack. I still have a way to go as far as learning animation, and the accompanying pipeline. I've thought about making SciFi weapons pack in the future though. We'll just have to see.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 18:37
I forgot to mention before that the .3DS files are included in the download.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 03:32
Scifi weapons would be cool - especially if it would be something like BF2142's.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 14:59
More than likely, a weapon pack wouldn't be the next one to come out. I'm probably going to do one more pack of static items, to get used to the whole process again. The pack after that will have some animated objects in it though. I've also got to establish a Lightwave Pipeline, as the last pack was made with Gamespace/Truespace.

I'll probably make a test weapon to learn the whole process with, and possibly give it away (might be just a modern weapon though).

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 02:36
Another one, mixed in with more of TGC's models...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 18:15
My thanks to the new customers.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 18:09
You can use these for modern day scenes as well...

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 22:50
Thought you might want a pic of some of your stuff (mixed with normal WW2 stuff) using the new lighting system - makes the textures look a bit nicer, I think.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 23:24 Edited at: 31st Dec 2006 23:35
Really sorry to hear about work situation Keith,Ihad the same problem myself back in the 80's when industry died in my area.The thing is it forced me into my current job as an artist,just had to learn is all,you have the talent thats for sure and it may turn out to be the best thing to happen to you.
Good luck.
Rolfy.

*Edit.I will buy your pack as I could use some quality stuff like this.Most of it could be used in any type of game.Not just ww2.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 00:32
Wow, the new lighting really does make a big difference. Thanks for showing it, Airslide.

@Rolfy. Thanks for the kind words, it's humbling after looking at your work (I really like that Dragon). I was pretty meticulous when putting together the textures for all those crates, especially in ensuring that the woodgrains were all going the right way on the framework. None of the textures comes from photographic images (I used Wood Workshop to help generate many of the wood textures), it's all custom work using Paint Shop Pro. Although in the future I may be using some photographic reference to blend in with my texture work (have to break out the digital camera).

I'm almost done with all the little nagging things on our site, and (as I have said) am discontinuing the 2 competitions I am involved with (both the OG Maze Level and FPSC Level Design Comps.). That should afford me the development time I need. As I haven't touched a modeler in almost 2 months, I need to brush back up on those skills, and continue moving into Lightwave as my primary modeler (as well as finding my pipeline). I'm looking forward to putting out another commercial Pack soon.

@Everybody. I'd like to reiterate my appreciation for all your support, financially and otherwise. I do plan on making this my "dream job" one of these days. I've still got plenty to learn, including animation....for future packs.

-Keith

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 06:11
Airslide, those images kick butt.

I haven't gotten to a section where I can use Keith's work yet, but it's always been the plan. I was lucky enough to have won it in a contest a wile back, and have always known I would use pieces from it.

Well worth 5 bucks people, if nothing more then for the time savings.

Loc
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 17:13
Thanks for the endorsement, Locrian. I'd like to see what you do with them in your level(s) one of these days.

-Keith

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 19:59
I almost was ready to post my upgraded WW2 MP game I made awhile back to play locally (I have a router - so internet isn't an option) and put your stuff in it, unforutuently FPSC seems to have a new bug with multiplayer that makes the host spawn and die, unable to do anything, and other users can't join. Ah well. If you want I'll post some more screens of the creativity you can acheive with this pack

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 20:11
Screenies are always welcome, thanks. I enjoy what people do with this pack, as well as our free stuff.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 20:23 Edited at: 1st Jan 2007 20:25
Another one (shown with our free Tool Shed model).

*Textures in this shot are at 256x256 resolution.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 20:38
Here's another one

Attachments

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 20:58
Here's one more

Attachments

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 00:22
Wow; I think I'm going to have to upgrade my FPSC (still running V1), and do some new advert shots with that new lighting. Looks great.

-Keith

iane
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice pack KeithC - Glad I bought it

thx
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 04:59
Thanks, and I appreciate your business. Don't forget to pick up your UV Maps, if you want them (on the Main Advert Page).

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 15:16
Another one.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 22:18 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2007 22:23
Here's a little scene from a level I put together.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 13:18
Only 2 days left till the sale's over!

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I am going to buy this pack Kieth,but my credit card is over the limit,I am going to the bank today today to try and get this cleared a bit,it will not be on my account for around a week.Looks like I'll miss out on your holiday offer
I'll still get it though,how much will it be when this ends?
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 14:42
The regular price is $8.95. You can also win it this month by winning the Maze Level Competition at Ozark Games (have to be a member though). The single free copy in the secret room has been taken already, however.

Thanks for your future business and/or membership.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 23:41
Another one.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 06:31
Last Day of the Sale!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 04:26
Not sure why I said today was the last day, when it's set to expire at the end of the day tomorrow. Anyways, here's another pair. A physics test:

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 20:06 Edited at: 5th Jan 2007 20:14
One last one.

Texture resolution was 256x256 in this shot.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
That last one looks really cool Keith,I believe I will get a lot of use out of your pack.When my card is clear and I have got it I will post a few images in the showcase forum of an urban level I have been creating to let you see it.I will have great need of the concrete barriers.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 20:18
Thanks Rolfy, I'd appreciate those shots. one of the things I like about the concret barriers, is using them as cover, and firing from between 2 joined barriers (while crouched). That really came out good when I was finished. There's a shot on here somewhere of me firing on a german soldier like that.

-Keith

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I need them to create a barrier in the roads to contain the level,will also require those crates as it has a large warehouse.
Dang!I will need all of it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:33:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:33:19