Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] If you can't beat um, join um:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 19:40
Fine. I'm beaten like a rented mule. But since I can't stand being a sheep, what I think I'll do, is show everything just prior to getting in FPSC then never update and actually show it in game.

To start out my new found posting style, I'll start with this gun of which a lil movie has been zipped below.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WuTang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 21:10 Edited at: 28th Dec 2006 21:10
very nice gun but sorry cant help you dude

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 21:18
Locrian,
I appreciate your frustration,especially after having to lock and delete all of the posts I have.
I personally would appreciate it if you posted the way you did before...if nothing else it would give me something to point to and say "that is what your stuff should look like before you post it".
I for one am very tired of a lot of the crap that gets posted on this forum in particular and I can assure you that things are changing.
People need to quit posting the garbage and if it is garbage for the most part it should be an in-game screenshot of garbage.
While there are a few of our elder uber modelers that post screenies of stuff that is not FPSC ready I am pretty sure that those suck as Bond and Jon are going to release the fantasy packs and that is an FPSC WIP.
Errant's work is another great example on how to post.
All of his stuff is FPSC ready.
There are a couple of weapon threads where the weapons are not FPSC ready but they appear to be WIPS as well.
But the etch and sketch "I made this model" when it looks like to me they just drew it on paper and took a quick pic and some of these pointless threads that involve inability to use the search button are coming to an end.
I am as aggravated as you are and I assure you I am doing everything I can to take care of this problem.

Xaque
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 21:46
Locrian. im whit you i dont have postet screens off my new models i wait to i get them in to fpsc

Sorry im not good to english
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 22:41
Drama queen! lol. I feel your frustration Locrain.

Regards,
RF

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 22:54
Why you banned me??? I dont know who! Now I am as a new member, all my post is controlated!!!

SIXOFT - This is not just a game, this is a SIXOFT game.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 23:04 Edited at: 28th Dec 2006 23:12
@Loc
You've got preety hands.

@Johny
Go back and read your threads. It's simple. On the top right where it say's "My threads" click go. Read the one where you got banned. Posting questions like this in someone elses thread will get you slapped again. THINK.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 23:11 Edited at: 28th Dec 2006 23:11
You didn't get banned you got slapped.
That means you are on post approval status.
That is so the mods can make sure you don't post any more crap like the post that got you slapped.
I hope you do understand that if you post like that again it will result in a ban.
Now let's get back on topic.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
I know its frustrating to see the same type of threads get locked over and over again. But I try and look at it this way: as long the newbies keep pouring in, that means FPSC is a thriving product that will get attention and have a long life.

It's time to start worrying when the forums are only graced by a few of us old fogies who "follow the rules".

I try and put myself in the mindset of when I was 12 years old or so, the last thing I wanted to do when getting a new toy was read a bunch of rules...

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 23:26
wow loc LOL!

I've got a new account because all my order's go to my new e-mail.
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 23:38
Quote: "That is so the mods can make sure you don't post any more crap like the post that got you slapped.
I hope you do understand that if you post like that again it will result in a ban."

So, why you give me slapped?
What I made now? What?
Possible it will be from playing Half Life 2, I am in the chapter Chapter 11 – Entalglement.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 23:55
@WuTang,
Quote: "very nice gun but sorry cant help you dude"

Ahh, you joined the 28th. The text at the end of the little movie was sarcasm man. I don't need any ones textured work, nor do I get my models from Turbo Squid, though I do still have questions regarding the meaning of life.

@FredP,
lol, man I guess. It just seems things never change and its more of the same ole' , same ole', for the most part. Questions regarding software, or (barely beginner)model post these guys keep at the top of the page for days by saying one word replies to bump them, just gets old. I figured if I can't beat um I'd join um. Heck I was going to start asking questions about FL Studio for my game music since its part of fpsc and something I know nothing about. I figured I can play their game better then they can....hehe. I also feel bond and Jon are different stories. They have a proven track record of getting their items workin in FPSC, which is a big difference the a starter model/program operations, threads.

@Xaque,
Kudos to you man. Your one of the few new guys understanding the scope of why these forums are in place. Everything to do with being an indie dev and little to do with the media till its in a game...good or bad...for better or worse. But I knew you were a different sort of member from your "My first model" page where you stated you read the milkshape forums and followed the tutorials.

@Reality Forgotten
Hehe, gets the point out though don't it? Some times you have to go all "Morry Povich-who's your baby daddy- mamma drama" on um to show how stupid things are. Im sure when I started asking questions about FL studio or Zbrush here, people would have finally felt like some of the older members, and started calling for my head on a platter for asking dumb questions barely relating to FPSC. I was in the throws of coming up with obscure programs questions...

@xplosys,
Thanks-ya, shes a young vicious lady, with nice nails. Don't think about causing her to break a nail either, may be the last thing ya do.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 00:49
Johnny,
You got noob slapped because you called somebody an idiot.
Now I won't tell you who but he is a mod on the FPSC forums and he is the mod who made this post.
Now even it it wasn't me you called an idiot you still called someone who was trying to help you an idiot...
Still,calling a mod an idiot isn't a bright thing to do.
Also,in the thread in question you were being argumentative with other forum members who were trying to help you...xplosys being one of the ones trying to help.
Which is why he remembers what happened.
Now if you can't mind your manners then that is your problem.
But when you go getting rude with your fellow forum members and you get slapped for it you really should not be surprised.
But you are a perfect example of why this thread got started in the first place.
You know the rules,you could follow the rules...but you choose not to.
There was a point in time where you could go onto the models and media forum and the majority of it was decent stuff by forum members.
Now it is stuff like this.
I get pretty agitated sometimes when I go through these forums.
Newcomers I understand they may not know their way around and they may do things because they don't know better.
It's the members who have been here for a while that know better that get on my nerves.
Even if you are 12 or whatever your age is after a while you learn what is acceptable in a social situation and what is not.
Now I am done with my rant.
Johnny,PLEASE get a new translation program.
Sometimes I have difficulty trying to figure out what you are trying to say.
You have been on these forums for a while now.
It is kind of depressing to see you have not progressed one bit.
As far as the models and media forum goes in general if it doesn't apply to FPSC and it doesn't appear that one's media will be FPSC ready any time soon then that thread will most likely be locked.
Now I am done with my rant.

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 04:50 Edited at: 29th Dec 2006 05:24
I stopped making models for people and posting them simply because good threads get beaten out by crap threads. Some of the junk I have seen on here lately has made that decision for me. Sry if it sounds rather hostile, but maybe its time for some truth to be spoken. In the last month or so, there has been more CRAP posted that looks like crap and is worth about 2 cents worth of time it's rediculous,,,

I remember when I first started on here,,you could go to this forum and see some great things,,now it's gone because no one respects the time it takes to make them. It has turned into a bunch of spoiled little brats who want everything for nothing , or kids who make a box and call it a ship and beat down posts by ligitimate modelers.

And the attitude by a lot of these new people is pathetic,,your parents should beat your %^@&#$% a little more,,then maybe you would show a little more respect.

End of Rant.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 06:09
I agree, if it isn't FPSC ready, then why post it in "FPSC Models and Media"? It would belong in 3D chat.

Quote: "though I do still have questions regarding the meaning of life."

don't we all.......

@Johnny - Stop whining already, you insulted somebody cough* Fred cough* and got a temporary slap, get over it.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG WILL IT BE FREE????

(sorry.. couldn't resist. I'm not back yet. You didn't see this.)
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "OMG WILL IT BE FREE????"

HAHA!! Errant wins for making a post that truly made me laugh-out-loud (I actually just spit a little Pepsi on my laptop's keyboard, yikes)

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 11:25 Edited at: 29th Dec 2006 12:04
I am DON'T POST YOUR AGE!!! and have a good social situation. And why you delete my thread?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 12:13
Because I have to delete locked threads on a regular basis or there would be no unlocked threads on the first page of some of these boards.
This is your last warning,Johnny.This discussion you want to have has nothing to do with this thread and you (as well as I because I have to respond) are hijacking it.
If you wish to debate this further there is an e-mail button below my posts which you can click on and e-mail me.
This discussion is at an end.

@Locrian,
My apologies for the thread hijacking.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 12:28
Loc you big drama queen. Although I kinda see your point, things have been very messy recently, but I mean, what did you expect, the christmas crew are always gonna clog up the forum for a few weeks after the festive period.

guess this is as good a time as any to say thanks to FredP for his ongoing (and strict) locking of wayward threads. cheers buddy!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 20:15
Quote: "I'm not back yet. You didn't see this"

When you are back, Errant, don't forget to e-mail me

And On-Topic:

Ya, I see your point Loc. But I have to agree with butters on the drama queen thing

Nice gun though

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 22:58
PSSSTTTTT---Slap Johny......I got the baby powder for the backhand action........Pimp down...pimp in distress I repeat pimp in distress.....

I think every thread should be deleted past the second page. that will give a clean start and allow for proper moderation...I think if something hits page 3 it should eb deleted. I also think they should add an expiration time for threads. like if inactive with in 30 days it auto matically gets deleted..................This would make the boards alot cleaner and easier to search. oh the exception would be stickies. and they should be PDF downloads anyway.

Regards,
RF

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
OMGZERZ, HOW DO YOU MAKE IT SO MY CHARACTER BLEEDS OUT OF HIS EYES????
DOES ANYONE HAVE A MODEL OF THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE???????? I NEED IT FOR THIS GAME ABOUT FAIRIES WITH GUNS!!! SO EMAIL IT TO FPSCNOOB@********.COM

EDIT: Soz for caps my mom glued the caps lock down with super glue!!!

------------
Haha its fun being nooby

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 23:14
This is toast.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:40:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:40:08