Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dutch tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I there somewhere a dutch site and or dutch tutorials. Because my son want to learn DB to. But he can not read English. And i do not have he time for it to translate it all.

Never say a question is stupid. Questions not ask are stupid.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 02:21 Edited at: 29th Dec 2006 02:21
Hmm...I'm not really sure, but what if you just copied and pasted tutorials into a free text translator like babelfish? Would that work?
Try this: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 13:57 Edited at: 29th Dec 2006 13:58
I was planning to set up a site for DB. And I'm dutch . But I never find the time to start the site...

If you like, you can add me on msn to ask questions.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Firewood
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem is not that i have problems reading in English. But my son. And he is looking for sites in Dutch to learn more. I am not always at home to help hime. My work let me go all over the world so my time is limited to make a dutch site. And to write a dutch book for DB is also a time question. I wantto start one. But i need people to help me to make some things to let it work.

BTW i did try Bablefish but the translation is realy horrible. The sentence build up is way of in dutch. And a lot of times the translation is wrong. Because some words have a differende meaning.

Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
type code and let him mess around with the numbers then he'll pick it up fast!

Game progress- 30 percent
Firewood
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats a nice idea. But he wants to have a book or somthing like it. To work from it. So he can understand all the commands.
Some of them he know already. Like e.g. Print and Text. But he want to learn more. And simply deducting from source code is not what he want to do.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 17:23
How old is your son?

If hes fairly young, you might want to setup an activity type of thing with him. Where, each week, you send him a code snippet, but comment it in duch so he understands what everything is doing, and then leave a challenge for him to change the code to do something else. Every week you'd teach him how a new command (or group of commands) works. You dont need to see him to do it, just take half an hour to write up a commented code snippet, and email it to him along with a challenge.

You could then make the challenges harder as time goes on. Eventually, instead of providing code, you could provide him with a program, and challenge him to try and reproduce the program himself without any code.

- RUC'

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 18:42
Does your son know any German? There's a dedicated German darkbasic site (www.darkbasic.de) which might have some tutorials

Eeyore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 18:58 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2007 19:09
There is a site:
http://www.darkbasic.nl/

I was writing a dutch tutorial for that site but there was hardly any interest.
http://www.darkbasic.nl/viewtopic.php?t=21
Only the moderator commented on the post.
Firewood
Years of Service
User Offline
No he does only understand dutch.

I was at that site Not mutch to see. And for the last month this site was highjacked three times. One time i was on there and immediatly a program trying to upload to me. It was trying to take over my computer. I have luckly a good anti spyware and anti virus program.

I think that i need some help to make a ducht manual for Dark Basic Pro. If that is finished maybe i wil make one to for Dark Basic classic.

Is there someone who will help me.

Eeyore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 22:10 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2007 23:50
I think that nobody is waiting for a dutch manual. DB is written in English so your son can better learn that language. My son is 8 years old and speak a little bit english (play games and watch Dora the Explorer)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 15:31:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 15:31:53